Which formula from birth? There are soo many.

flaxen

Reaction score
Please dont judge me, Im getting enough of that off my horrible midwife!!

For personal reasons I am not breastfeeding my baby at all, I am going to bottle feed her from the minute she is born and as there are lots of different types of formulas in the shops I havent got a clue as to which one is best.

I have seen sma in small ready made cartons which can used for when she is born then switch to powder when she is a couple of days or so old.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I guess that she could not like one brand but obviously I wont know that til I try her on it and will only buy a small tin in the begining until I now if it agrees with her or not.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I never breast fed either so don't feel bad, i don't/didn't!!
Lo was on prescription milk at first cos he was prem, then we moved him onto Aptamil 1, and now he is on Aptamil follow on 3. We have got on really well with this formula xxxxx

hiya,

i was the same as you... i didnt breastfeed my baby from the very beginning. she was on formula straight away.

We tried her on sma at the hospital... at first she seemed to be fine with it but by day 2 she was quite sick with it so we thought we would try aptimil. It's not as thick as sma and she has been taking aptimil fine ever since.

xx

Ifan was breast fed for 5 weeks but after that we put him on SMA.

You can get cartons in all types of milk - its just the same as powder with water though and a lot more expensive x

Hi ya, I never breast fed any of my children, they were all formula from day one. I used SMA with my first but she got terrible Constipation. Ever since all three have had Cow and Gate xxx

Sam was breast fed for 5 days but i wasnt producing enough milk to satisfy him, so after lots of faffing by our community midwife and an annoyed paediatrician, we switched him to aptamil and weve never looked back. I wont be breast feeding our next baby xxx

i formula fed from day 1 too i used cow and gate and never had a problem all babies are different some are better on others but if u start on one and dont think its right for ur lo for reasons like constipation ect bring it up with midwife and they will probs help u then once u have lo on forumla xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back