• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where did you find out about Ante Natal classes?

Sabrina

Reaction score
Where can I find out about my local area ante natal classes. I'd like to do yoga or Aqua classes if I can.

Does anyone have any ideas? :lol:

Sabrina

X

I went to my first aqua natal class today..It was really good got to compare my bump to loads of others and we all had a drink after in the function room.

phone up local pool to ask if they run one there

I want to start aquanatal classes but i dont want to go on my own, i'm to shy :oops:

awww flame i thought that too.

I kept saying to myself in the changing room your not alone you have Dylan with you over and over again...Then there were 2 other newbies there and it was easier once it got going.

everyone there was nice

Its great, I recommend the aqua natal classes. Its ok once you get going and its a great way too meet people and compare notes.

I was gutted that I missed mine tonight as I went to dinner with my Dad. I'll be back next week though. :)

how do you find out about them??

can you take your partner??

are they free??

I rang the local leisure centre, they do evening classes and daytime ones.

Its just for Pregnant ladies. (not sure if partners are actually banned or just discouraged!)

Mine costs £4.80 a session.

I found out through this website

http://aquanatal.co.uk/NorthWest.htm

but then rung the LC up for more info...It is only for women 16 weeks pregnant and over i think. Where it is at our LC it would of been really uncomfortable for OH's to be there it was all women and in the small pool .IT had one lifegaurd, 2 m/w's and then the women..There is a max of 20 in our class and ours was £4.45.

HI

my midwife gave me some information on them.... what is it like - is it just like aqua aerobics, but toned down version?

I am really blind and cannot see at all well with out my glasses and am a bit worried about wearing my contact lenses in the pool, will not be able to see what the instructor is doing without them! I guess it is unlikely I will have to put my head under the water etc..... isn't it?

I have never been to aqual arobics so can't compare but it isn't hard work really, I didn't ache was tired after but tired before i went + I am always tired.

I wore my contact lenses but do to swim anyway but my head never went under the water. it is all supposed to be done in the shallow end anyhow.

Thanks for your replies.

I will ask my MW at the 16 week check up. Unfortunately I did try with the 2 closest swimming pools and they don't have the classes. :(

I used to go to Aquarobics at the gym every Friday. Really enjoyed it and found it helped with PMT/period pain :)

Sabrina
x

Yes its like normal aqua aerobics, except much less strenuous and they don't exercise the abdominal muscles either.

Interesting that yours is run by midwives Cloud9, my one is run by the same teacher that does the normal classes.

Aqua natal is run by my midwife too. Trouble is it's at 9.15 on a Tuesday morning! She even said to me we run it at that time deliberately so that ladies who have to work can still come - hallooooo, 9.15am???!!!

She even said to me we run it at that time deliberately so that ladies who have to work can still come - hallooooo, 9.15am???!!!

:wall:

there was a womne at ours who had SPD so her m/w wrote her a letter and now she is getting paid to attend.

Ours is at 9.30 am but i have to get up an hour before I go out otherwise rushing around when i get up i :puke: so had to get up at 7.45 to get there :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back