Where are you putting your cot at first...

Dee83

Reaction score
I was going to get a moses basket for baby to sleep in my room for the first few months and have the cot in the nursery for when the time comes for baby to go into it but a couple of people have said to me that it's best to have the cot in my bedroom at first and then move it into the nursery when baby's ready. That way baby gets used to the cot from the start. I haven't a clue which i would prefer.
What are your plans? xxx

Last edited:
My plan is the same as your original to have a moses basket in my room and a cot in the nursery. I heard your supposed to keep them in a moses basket until they get too big for it. But i suppise everyone hears different things. Personally i wouldnt feel right putting them in a cot straight away but this is my first so i dont really kn
ow too much xxx

Yeah, it's my first too and i'm totally clueless! xxx

I put both my boys in a moses basket until they was getting close to being to big for it, then for about a week I put the moses basket in the cot so the boys would get used to the cot! Just the way I chose to do it and that's the way I'm doing it again :)

I put both my boys in a moses basket until they was getting close to being to big for it, then for about a week I put the moses basket in the cot so the boys would get used to the cot! Just the way I chose to do it and that's the way I'm doing it again :)

That's a really good idea, thanks, i never thought of that! How many months do they normally stay in the moses do you know?

That sounds like a good plan i think i'll be trying that :) xxx

2-3 months, depends on how big they are & how quick they grow :) x x x

I did this with Adam and it worked so ill be doing it again x x

I have read that you shouldn't put them in a cot until they are 6 months but as we all know it says different things on every website!

I plan to go for moses basket, then cot. I'd read 6 months too cocopops. I suppose you just play it by ear?

xxx

I'm planning on using a crib or moses basket first then moving into the cot when ready. I don't think a cot would fit next to our bed tbh as we've been looking at cot beds! x

My Lo was in Moses basket for 2 months and he screamed everytime I put him in so switched to cot and he loved it went to sleep on his own no crying at all. I didn't know they said wait but its best thing I did. He is 4 months and too long for it now anyway. Every baby is different x

I cant imagine a 6 month old being able to fit in a moses basket! I could be wrong! Each to their own, do what you feel is right ladies x x x

I've bought a travel cot for our room and will have cot in nursery. Travel cots are fab, they are much roomier than a moses basket and little one will be able to stay in it until it is at least 6mths.

I have found that babies tend to outgrow moses baskets very quickly, I figured this way that little one will be well trained for the bigger domain of a cot...

We're not bothering with a moses basket and going straight for a cot. We'll have it in our room for at least the first 6 months and then move it into the nursery when the baby's ready :)

I've bought a travel cot for our room and will have cot in nursery. Travel cots are fab, they are much roomier than a moses basket and little one will be able to stay in it until it is at least 6mths.

I have found that babies tend to outgrow moses baskets very quickly, I figured this way that little one will be well trained for the bigger domain of a cot...

I'm not sure about the travel cot thing - I had one with my 1st but it stayed at my parents and I hardly seen it, and I was speaking to a friend about possibly using a travel cot between moses basket and cot, and she's just had a baby and said no, you cant have them in travel cot long term, ive not looked into it though, but maybe worth checking out?

I had a crib with my 1st, we were told to keep her in with us til 6mths. The crib did fine til 6mths, then she went straight into cot in her own room. My parents took the crib to store in their garage so i'll need to ask if they still have it, but if its gone we'll use a moses basket, dont know what we'll do if baby grows out it b4 6mths though.

I'm not going to bother with a Moses basket. A friend of mine has a 5 weeks old who has grown so much he'll be out of it before 2 months is up! I'm gonna use the carrycot from my buggy at first. Should be ok if I get a proper mattress for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back