When you're ill?

CupcakeMummy

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I (like half of the nation at the moment) have got a horrible cold/flu thing.

All I can do to get through work is take beechams or day nurse etc.

I said to my husband yesterday if I'm still taking it once it gets to my fertile time we won't TTC this month.

Am I being overcautious or do you do the same?

Last edited:
I think you are being over cautious :)

I'd just worry about your fertility at this stage and worry about a pregnancy once you get a BFP.

That said, i don't take any medications anyway unless i'm "dying" but if i really had to it wouldn't stop me ttc.

You shouldn't really be taking those kind of things for anymore than three days anyway without seeing your GP.

Sorry you have the cold/flu thing its rubbish - how are you feeling now?

I would still try i missed a month of trying in August and it was one of the worst months ever just knowing there was no chance!

good luck if you do try

xx

Hi KMG.

I'm feeling much better now thanks.

It's just a normal cold now and I can cope fine with a stuffy nose and sore throat. It was the horrible temperature and aches that made me reach for the medicine.

We will try this month as we can't next month due to a commitment next July that I can't really miss so I'd rather not chance it.

Hi

Glad you are feeling better!

I am feeling rubbish today after having lots of hope all month, i now have all the signs that the ruddy witch is on her way!

Oh well roll on November testing

xx

Hey Cupcake, glad you're feeling better hun. I take a dissolvable vitamin C tablet every day and I haven't had a cold in nearly a year so might be worth trying in future :) Saying that no doubt I'll get one now, but it seems to have kept them away so far and I always had at least 2 colds a year, a summer and winter one xxx

i totally agree with taffy - i take it every other day and it seems to have down the trick for past 3 years. I think its 1000mg.

I think my pregnacare conception has a lot of Vit C in it?

Its the first cold I've had this year so I don't mind too much. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back