When will I know how far along Iam?

bizzygirl101

Reaction score
:D :D
Hi everyone! I found out 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant! I was on the pill for 10 years and the last 2 months was all over the place kept coming on felt terrible so my fiance said 'take a break, sort yourself out its not good for you!' we agreed that if we got pregnant then it was meant to be, di not expect it to hapen so fast! Talk about a pair of rabbits in the headlights! But I am delighted! Thing is I really have no idea when I fell, or when my last propert period was. Doctor has put me at 5 weeks.
When will I see the midwife? Will she be able to give me more of an idea of a due date? Also I have a horse, he cant be ridden so that doesnt matter but I am continuing to look after him, do you think this is a risk? I am otherwise healthy and fit. I am also booked to go to New Zealand in March for 4 weeks, I will be aroun 6/7 months, anyone got any tips for flying? Thanks guys!!

congrats on your BFP and welcome to the forum :cheer: :cheer:

if you are very unsure of your dates then im surprised your doctor didnt refer you for a dating scan? it might be worth ringing them back and asking whether you are allowed to be referred for one. With the midwife appointment it varies in different areas, most people seem to get seen between 8-10 weeks but it can be anything up to 12 weeks.

cant help you with the horse, but with the flying you may find that you will need a doctor certificate to fly to NZ as its quite a long flight and airlines can be funny about carrying pg women late on in their pregnancies, its something you will need to check with the airline and talk to your midwife about.
:hug:

You wont get a propper date until you have your dating scan. My friend who recentkly found out she was pregnant went to her docs not knowing when her last period was and they sent her for a scan about 2 weeks later.

I didnt know my dates either but my midwife wouldnt refer me for a scan so I booked a private one, where I was told I was 6 weeks.

2 weeks later I had spotting so my doctor sent me for a scan at the hospital where they told me I was 7 weeks 3 days which put me back 4 days.

Its annoying when you dont know how many weeks you are, some doctors are nice and send you for an early scan so you can find out, others insist you wait til your dating scan.

A rough guide is assume you were around 4 weeks when you got your BFP, as thats when a test would show positive, then calculate it from that :)

I didn't know my dates when I got my BFP, my doc just guessed from when my symptoms started. Apparently sickness/sore boobs/tiredness etc usually starts at 6 weeks. Turned out to be fairly accurate in the end, only 6 days off I think.

Congratulations!!!!

Re. dates - I would be bold and ask for a dating scan. It's the only way you'll know for sure - otherwise they could send you for a 12w scan and find you are 16w.

I agree with maybebaby re. symptoms. 6-7 weeks is when they usually kick in (e.g. morning sickness etc) (though some get it earlier and others not at all!) - have you had any symptoms?

Re. flying to NZ that is a long way - I think anything up to 28 weeks is usually OK but over that and they may need copy of travel insurance and a letter from your GP - BUT I suspect every airline is different and will have their own policy so best to check with them. The only thing I'll say about it is I was quite uncomfortable by 6-7 months if I sat for any period of time (I used to get really bad pressure pains in my tailbone). So I would have found being confined to a normal airline seat for more than a couple of hours quite a challenge.

You'll definitely want to be mobile as much as possible and have to bear in mind there may be long periods where this isn't possible e.g. if you hit a long patch of turbulence. I realise you probably can't do anything about hte dates but thought I'd mention it. This was just me of course, and you might find you have no such problems - fingers crossed!

Anyway congratulations again on your BFP & welcome aboard

LBxx

dont laught, but a dr i worked with used to take a rubber ring on her flight when pregnant, relieves some of the pressure on your botbot...bxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back