When to start washing everything?

jmw1664

Reaction score
So I have been told that everything needs to have a first wash with non bio washing powder etc etc, already stocked up on all that :D Firstly when should I think about starting this (I'm sure I'll have the lot done in a day as I don't actually have too much clothing - just essentials and a few pretty outfits!) and secondly I have a lovely big squishy bear play mat/gym for the baby, should this be washed first also before I use it? Or just stick to the clothes/blankets and bedding?

Thanks ladies :)
xx

Im not sure about the playmat/gym but clothes and bedding I started washing at 34 weeks. Its up to you when you want to do it really. Only thing is once its done it makes you more impatient for baby to come lol

Do we need to wash all the clothes? I think i read somewhere that we didn't actually need to?? X

I did just to be safe. Apparently most clothing has a special substance on it to help make it look clean while in the shops and can be irritating for bubba (don't know if thats 100% true though)

I think its mainly the white stuff like vests etc but saying that I washed everything sleepsuits, vests, bedding etc but not the play mat, now if we get new clothes i dont tend to wash them as long as going over a vest etc and my LO has been fine.

I washed my mat but only because its second hand. After watching a documentry i washed everything because it showed all the wearhouses etc where the clothes were stored before being packed and there were rats etc running over the clothes. I started at about 34 weeks xx

I washed everything especially stuff that's not packaged, people "look" with their hands and I just keep thinking about all the nose pickers out there lol. Also we have a lot of 2nd hand stuff that people have washed but I washed it again

I washed everything especially stuff that's not packaged, people "look" with their hands and I just keep thinking about all the nose pickers out there lol. Also we have a lot of 2nd hand stuff that people have washed but I washed it again

:rotfl: Nose pickers! Eeeewww!!

lol the "nose pickers" bit made me chuckle! hahahaha

Thanks for all your input ladies :) Keep walking around the nursery wondering what to do next, changing it around, hanging little outfits up. Nesting well and truly kicked in weeks ago so I'm running out of things to clean lol I will try and wait a few more weeks until I start on the washing, I still have 10 weeks (hopefully) to go so need some things to fill that time! :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back