• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When to see the doctor? Update

widowwadman

Reaction score
Phoned the doc for some over the phone reassurance and they told us to come in and saw her straight away. Her chest is fine, we've been given some saline nose drops and told that we could come in any time to have her checked if we're worried that she's not right. Mills is still crying a lot, but I feel slightly betterr for having gone to the docs. Never thought i'd turn into one of those panicky mothers, but apparently I am.

Mills has a stinking cold with thick yellow snot which does cause her discomfort as far as I can tell, but she hasn't got a temperature (it's consistently 36.2 under the arm). I guess there's nothing which really can be done for her, but we have to ride it out, but when should we see a doctor? I don't want to risk it getting worse or doing lasting damage by leaving it too long.

Please help!

I think all the doctor will do is give you nasal drops. But it might be worth going so they can look in her ears and feel her glands. It is hard to know when to go but don't ever think you are wasting their time because thats what they are there for!

Hope she is better soon :)

Actually noone's answering the phone in the surgery :( Also kind of don't want to take her out into the snow and make it worse (or risk an accident with the conditions of the road at the moment)

Aw it's horrible when they're ill. Fraser's had a cold since he was born and the nasal drops work really well when he's bunged up. I just got them from the chemists, you don't need a prescription and they're only about £1.50.

Don't worry if her nappies go a bit mucousy, it's just because she can't blow her nose everything drips down the back of her throat and comes out the other end :puke: minging but Fraser's had nappies like that for weeks and HV said nothing to worry about.

If you're worried you could go to the docs for reassurance but if you think it's just a cold there's not a lot they can do :hug: hope she's better soon :hug:

widowwadman said:
Actually noone's answering the phone in the surgery :( Also kind of don't want to take her out into the snow and make it worse (or risk an accident with the conditions of the road at the moment)

If she doesn't have a temperature hun just keep inside safe and in the warm :hug: (sorry I know your house is still warming up) :hug:

We're actually having 19° in the house now, wahey! Thanks for all the answers. Mills is wrapped up warmly, I'm trying to drip breastmilk into the nose in lieu of real drops (oh suggested this after some googling) and we'll see how it goes. I hate it when she's ill.

T

When Isla had a cold I only took her when it became a cough, as I wanted them to check her chest..in case of a chest infection. Theres was nothing they would do..just ride it out.
Raise head of her cot, or sit in a steamy bathroom for 15 minutes, it seemed to help

Hope shes better very soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back