When to go through the night and how much?

Jollypops

Reaction score
Wondered at what age/weeks your little ones slept through the night?
How much do/did they feed during the whole day?
How did you get them to go through the night? Did you just give them extra milk before bed? What was there feeding pattern before?

Calums currently 37wks, feeds every 4 hours of upto 100ml of Nutriprem 2 and starting to find that in the evenings he sometimes lasts 5 to 5 and half hours, do i encourge this more or keep to every 4 hours. If he goes longer at night do they stay at 4hrs during the day?

Any help or advice appericated.

Angel was around 3 months when she slept through. It was around 11pm-5 or 6am. But that lasted a whole of 2 weeks! She does now sleep from 10.30-7.30 but i've put her on a bit of rusk in the evening before bed as she was waking up really hungry twice a night.
In the day she feeds as often as she needs, but i'm breastfeeding so i'm on demand.

Lydia was past 2 when she started properly sleeping through the night.

Alex is 12 months and most definitely is nowhere near sleeping through the night.

I'm just unlucky.

Mind you my dad says I was the same when I was little. I woke several times during the night until I was 2.

Jollypops said:
Wondered at what age/weeks your little ones slept through the night?
How much do/did they feed during the whole day?
How did you get them to go through the night? Did you just give them extra milk before bed? What was there feeding pattern before?

Calums currently 37wks, feeds every 4 hours of upto 100ml of Nutriprem 2 and starting to find that in the evenings he sometimes lasts 5 to 5 and half hours, do i encourge this more or keep to every 4 hours. If he goes longer at night do they stay at 4hrs during the day?

Any help or advice appericated.

my baby was born at 29weeks and 4 days but he was in hospital for 8 weeks so came home at 38weeks and was fed 4 hourly. he was fed roughly 6,10,2,6,10,2,6 however after being home a couple of weeks he would go 5 hours in the night and i wouldnt wake him for his feed.
he is now 33weeks ( 23weeks corrcted) and sleeps from 8pm -7am and he has been doing this for around 2 months as i dropped his 11ish feed as he stopped waking for it and he still slept through.
your baby is still young and may not sleep through for a while as this would mean dropping his feeds he may just go longer through the night and wake up after 5 then 6 then 7 hours. i didnt wake him of a night but he seemed to go 4 hours during the day.
i just gradually increased his milk if he finished all his bottle i added another 30ml each time. my baby too was on nutriprem 2. good luck and congrats on bringing your baby home x

Thanks for your replies.
He went from 8pm to 1am again last night and then till 6.15am so going good, i'll wait and see how long it will last but think i've decided that i'll just let him sleep and see what happens during the day.

thomas has always fed every 3 hours hes now on 7oz bottles 5x a day
he started sleeping threw at 7 weeks fully 7pm-7am
before that he was waking up twice then once then he just started sleeping threw, i think they normaly sort themselfs out eventualy :)
i stopped waking him for feeds as he dint need them he was taking enough in the day :)
good luck hun
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back