when to go onmaternity leave??

mel_ed

Reaction score
just wondering when every one is finishing work?

i'm thinking of finishing about 3 weeks before i hope, its hard to know how u'll feel when uve never been pregant before.
what does everyone do as a job????

Hi,

I am going to try and save as much leave as possible and take the whole lot before, hopefully this will be about 4 weeks, but i agree, no idea how i will feel at the time!

Im an accountant, so im not on my feet all day, but the long hours will probably take their toll! How about you, what do you do?

xxx

i'm a dental nurse so up and down most of the day really. u heard you get ur full full years holiday before you leave to so think i'm gonna take 4 weeks hol then start my maternity a weeka after my due date.
i plan to have 9 months of so that'll make 10 months :)

I have to start my maternity leave on my due date at the latest, even if i offer to take holidays. Found out today that you get bank holidays in leiu as well, which is good.

If you are on your feet all day, you will probably want to finish as soon as you can!

Dont think i can afford to take more than 7 months off, need to look into it a bit more x

i know but i'd rather hav more time off with the baby. dont want to finish 2 early as will just be waiting around bord for the baby to come. does every get the bank holidays?? or is it just ur company.
i dont really know wot we can afford but hoping we can afford for me 2 have 9 months i wanna make the most of it as u cant go back on the time uve missed out on

They wont let yo start it after your due hun. The SMP part of it wont allow for it. You could try and negotiate adding your holiday entitlement on at the end but you should get it in writing :)

I am taking my full years holiday entitelment before i go on leave. I finish on 5th March for 4 weeks hols (i'll be 33 weeks) and i start my mat leave 1st April @ 37 weeks. I will return to work on the 1st working day of 2011 :)

I work in a distribution office doing dispatch admin and i have to brave the warehouse a few times a day dodging fork lits and pallet trucks etc. The main problem i have with managing work is the pain in my coccix off sitting at my desk and also juggling, pregnancy, an 8 month old baby a 7 year old child and running a home while working full time.

I'll be sad to go on leave as since returning to work after having my last child, i have started really enjoying my job, i'll miss the lasses and the gossip lol xx

I am going to be leaving 4 weeks before I am due using my holiday and a weeks of maternity leave.

i need 2 speak 2 my manager really about things 2 start arrganging it. i'm sure if its a hot summer we all be sweating like mad wanting 2 finish.i love the idea of a summer baby. cant wait 2 go 4 walks in the sun to loose my weight :)

Im not sure what im doing yet as im self employed and I havent looked in to how it works in depth yet. Im a hairdresser though, so if its hot im gonna struggle.......

i need 2 speak 2 my manager really about things 2 start arrganging it. i'm sure if its a hot summer we all be sweating like mad wanting 2 finish.i love the idea of a summer baby. cant wait 2 go 4 walks in the sun to loose my weight :)

I was thining that too, I had always thought I'd want to work until as late as poss so that I get more time with the baby but just trying to imagine working in the heat and heavily pregnant, Im just not sure!

I work part time though anyway thanks to the recession so I might be able to cope. I am a speech & language therapist work in a hospital with children with complex special needs and on the wards with feeding difficulties. I cant imagine running the sessions with autistic little ones without heaps of energy and enthusiasm, Im struggling already! Kids dont make allowances and are generally more grumpy during the heat.

I had to stop after my first trimester , so this month, even though imnot due till august. This is just because i work with horses and its such manual heavy work and i rode 5 or 6 a day as well as hunting and competing etc. really miss it though but still have my one horse to do..x

I had to stop after my first trimester , so this month, even though imnot due till august. This is just because i work with horses and its such manual heavy work and i rode 5 or 6 a day as well as hunting and competing etc. really miss it though but still have my one horse to do..x
]

so wot u gonna do from now until then? and will u manage 4 money?

getting maternity pay from my boss from late april and till then because its under doctors say that the work was too risky i am signed off from work for now till then.

i know but i'd rather hav more time off with the baby. dont want to finish 2 early as will just be waiting around bord for the baby to come. does every get the bank holidays?? or is it just ur company.
i dont really know wot we can afford but hoping we can afford for me 2 have 9 months i wanna make the most of it as u cant go back on the time uve missed out on

I'm not sure if everyone gets the bank holidays, i would check your company's maternity leave policy (I imagine you would be entitled to them, if you normally get them off, or in leui).

I would like to have more time after, but i can't roll my holidays over to next year, so i might as well take all of this years' before i go off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back