When to expect period?

J_Anne

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I hope you are all well.

I had a MMC 3 weeks ago, I'm just wondering when you all had your first period after a miscarriage? And do you count it from when the bleeding started(I spotted for about 5 days) or from when you actually miscarried?

Thank you for any advice xxx

Hey,
Sorry for your loss :(
With my mmc, my period arrived 30 days (normal cycle) after i actually miscarried... It can take longer though i had an earlier mc and didn't get a period for 2 months after that xxx

Hey mrs I counted from the day of my D&C and my AF arrived yday on day 33 post op! Hope this is useful xx

Thank you for your help! My cycles are usually very regular so I'm really hoping for 30 days to get back to normal.xxx

Hi, mines arrived 46 days after actual mc (52 days from I started spotting) xxx

Hi sorry for your loss I bled solidly for 4 weeks after mmc then period arrived 28 days later which is my normal cycle. Hope you are ok xx

Wow there really is no text book then! I hate the waiting game! Thank you ladies xx

Unfortunately no there is no text book. You just have to go with the flow which is very hard to do considering you have just lost a child. I found if hard not knowing what to expect and not knowing what was happening. Don't know if you have already done so but check out the miscarriage association they can't answer questions about bleeding etc but they are a great support xx

Sorry to ask for tmi, but when your first periods arrived, were they normal? Yesterday, bang on 30 days after my mc I had some pink/brown discharge (sorry!) but now this morning it hasn't developed into anything. Xx

I've had 2 since my mc, first wasn't heavy at all and pretty strange for me. 2nd was horrific, really heavy bleeding, clots, really bad mood swings and cramp :( xx

Thank you Shelly. Later that day it went to full on AF. I'm relieved, I feel a bit more normal now and we've decided to try again straight away too so will soon be back to the 2ww!x

I had the op after a mmc 4 weeks ago yesterday, and got Af yesterday, so 28 days for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back