What happens to your cycle after a mc?

buddabun

Reaction score
As above really. I miscarried nearly 3 weeks ago at 4 weeks + 3. It wasn't a chemical pregnancy, it just didn't take. We are not actively ttc at the mo but still having regular sex.

But I don't know when af is due on as I have no idea what happens to your cycle after a m/c... if I am usually 29 days will that be 29 days from when my period was due, 29 days from when the m/c bleeding started or a completely arbitrary number...

I only say this as all of a sudden yesterday and today I am absolutely exhausted for no reason. Much like I was a few weeks ago when I was pregnant.

Any advice please ladies?

sorry for your loss hun.

It can take anything up to 8-10 weeks for your period to return after a loss. BUT you are at your most fertile after a loss also. I would personally leave it a couple of weeks before testing though.

After my first loss it returned after 6 weeks and went to a 31-35 days cycle averaging at 33 towards the time i conceived the second...after the second i *think* they stayed the same but im nto following them now as i have no need to.

Fingers crossed for you hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Sarah.

I am not planning to do a test. Waste of money as if I am late I will know... The earlier I test the more chance of being disappointed if it is a positive and I still come on.

I am obviously hoping I am pregnant but there is probably not much of a chance of it. It just sucks that you are on the biggest high of your life for a while (about 5 hours in my case) and then down to the lowest low. I don't know how anyone ever gets over this...

After my miscarriage my cycles weren't regular at all (28, 30, 32, 35, 30 etc.) so I wouldn't depend on it really as it tends to be different for everyone.

Sorry for your loss. :hug:

after my mc in january at nearly 20 weeks it took my AF just over 5 weeks to return

so sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug:

Truth is hun you never get over it, not completly, just like you never forget.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

we never will forget. And I don't want to. I just want my chance to be a mum.

I suppose on the bright side at least we know we both 'work' but the odds of having a 2nd m/c increase after the first from what I've read (i.e. fertility drops) so I can't even cling to that.

I just hope the next time I catch it sticks... It's just an awful time at the mo :(

I know what you mean hun. Im at that limbo stage too of not knowing if i do have a problem or if it was just bad luck twice.

I cant get tests till the next time and 2 has damn near killed me.

it took us 7 months of trying hun, after a night out drinking too lol. so just relax and enjoy your self ok and it will happen xx

My cycles were always very regular, and came excatly 4 weeks from the day I stopped bleeding after my D & C ....

and I conceived the first cycle too xx

well I thought you'd like to know I'm pregnant again.

I have not had a period since the miscarriage so am unsure whether to take my first cycle day as when I should have had a period or when bleeding started for the m/c. I had some spotting over the weekend when my period would have been due had I not miscarried and put it down to weird cycle but tested yesterday and had a very faint positive (confirmed by digital and this morning another very faint line).

I am not over the moon. I am bricking it. Although this one has already stuck around longer than the last but every time I go for a pee I worry. I can't spend 9 months like this but I am not expecting it to get past 8 weeks if I'm honest. Talk about pessimism! How did you ladies cope with the worry?

Congratulations hun! I have everything crossed for a happy and healthy nine months for you x

I bled constantly for 6 weeks after m/c, and the only way i stopped bleeding was to go onto the contraceptive pill so i dont really know when my actual period came back, or if it even did!!!!!

I was told that i'd bleed for up to two weeks (yeah right) and then my perid should come back within the next 8ish weeks... obviously that wasnt true for me, but im probably a freak or something :lol:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back