When to call the hospital??

Hope81

Reaction score
I have heard several variations of that.
Like 1 contraction every 3 min lasting around a min? Is that right?
Obviously if the waters brake.

Just stressing a little as I live like 30 min away from the hospital that can be close to 1 h if it's rush hour :(
Also I can't even imagine how I am going to survive the contractions in the car for so long...

I've always just gone when I'd like help with the pain.
I live 20 mins from the hospital, the car journey hurts :( x

I had contractions every 2 mins for quite a while, but I was still with it - when I couldn't speak properly and had to ask OH to call hospital, they asked us to come over.

I was induced with the first so not an issue then. But with my second I started with contractions 10 mins apart at 1.30am and stayed in bed until 6am - got up and showered and woke DH - called grandparents at around 7,30am to come get my son - and then called labour and delivery. They said to come in when I wanted to - by this time contractions were 3 mins apart and I was having to stop what I was doing to get through them. We left about 9.20am and got to hospital 9.50 - I also live 30 mins from hopsital, more if rush hour. My contractions had gone back to being over 10 mins apart by the time we got there, but I had an almighty one on the trace machine and my waters popped so they let me stay! lol Oh and I was already 5cm dilated.

For some reason my Doctors have all told me to call them when I have 6 Contractions in an hour for two hours.

With baby number 1 I called them because I was having contractions every 5 minutes. They told me to drink a liter of water and lie down for an hour and monitor contractions and call them back and let them know how it's going.

Instead of doing what they told me, I packed my hospital bag (yep... i wasn't prepared) , made sure I did a good number 2 because my biggest fear is pooping during labor! ha. And headed to the Hospital 20 minutes away. Luckily got admitted when I got there. :)

After my waters went i was sent home and told to ring up to go back in whenthey were 5 mins apart lasting a minute x

My midwife told me the delivery suite don't usually take too much notice of you until you've called three times so I'm going to call right at the start and then when my waters go (if they go) if I can't handle the pain and finally when I get three contractors in every 10 mins xx

I can't remember when they said call, I think it was 3 in 10 mins. I went in and got checked because I'd been having pains for 12 hours and I was hopeful that I might be a significant way through lol. Only to be sent home 2-3cms dilated . Damn back to back labour!

See our wards wont take you up until you are x amount of cm.

I will wait until I feel like I cant take it then go, I plan to have a bath etc but no one knows really as every labour is different, some babies come like straight after the waters break.

I dont want to sit in a hospital waiting room in labour lol no thanks xxx

I was told 5 minutes apart lasting roughly 1 minute, but in general, when it gets to the point that you cant speak inbetween contractions - thats the time :O

I was told when you have three contractions in ten minutes (so roughly one every three minutes) lasting a minute each.

However when my contractions started they were coming every 1.5-2mins for about 20-30secs so didn't really fit the pattern expected (more frequent but shorter). I rang and was told to go in straight away (but I was only 35+5) and when I was examined I was 5cm x

I was told 3 contractions in 10 mins. Then ring labour ward, and was told midwife would talk to you and if you couldn't talk through the pain then you can go up. But not to go up too soon as they will send you away...xxx

My contractions started at lasting 1 min 40 seconds apart but very very mild, got there was sent home told i wasnt in labor, got home went back about half hour after getting home and had her an hour later (waters went in the corridor had to be wheel chaired in she came that fast) ... the pain all came on very fast one minute it was fine the next bad, just get yourself there and dont go too far, even demand your staying even if it means sitting in the waiting room! Gas and air is amazing get that as soon as you can lol xx

I live an hour away from my hospital so with baby one I went in after a show and a day of pain I was only at one cm but they kept me for three days till I delivered all I wanted was to be t home in the bath :( so with my second I didn't go anywhere until my contractions were every two/five mins and lasting a minute as I wanted to be comfortable at home . The car trip was not nice as I wanted to stand up or squat during contractions but couldn't but I wasn't in hospital more than three hours until I delivered :) so it was great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back