When to buy maternity clothes..........

Amanda

Reaction score
I'm not even 8 weeks yet, but already am struggling to get into my trousers!! :shock:

I've lost my waist and seem to have gained loads of blubber round the middle. Seriously, I'm much much bigger than normal. I'm 5'9" and normally take a size 10-12 (closer to a 12), but my size 12 bottoms don't fit anymore. I'm currently sat at my desk with my jeans (that 2 weeks ago I had to wear a belt with!!) undone right to the bottom of the zip!!! :shock:

HHHEEEELLLPPP!!

It's far too early to buy maternity clothes as I have no bump to put in them. Should I just buy some size 14's for the time-being? I only really need black trousers to wear for work as I have lovely elastic waist gypsy skirts and joggers for outside work. We have a uniform of black polo t-shirt with the company logo on, and black boots, so black jeans would do.

What do you think? I seriously need help (or a diet!!!)

I would say it all depends on budget! If your strapped for cash I would try and find some maternity stuff that would fit you now and then stretch with you. If you are ok for money you could go for size 14s for a while and then buy maternity later. However you really dont know how quickly you are going to expand, and how long 14s are going to last you, so it may end up expensive keep upping sizes.

I have been in maternity clothes full time since 17 weeks pregnant, so you can get a lot of use out of the maternity gear.

Hope this helps :)

I would go for the maternity trousers just now. If you go a size bigger especially in the bottoms then the might look ill fitting so maternity wear would probably be your best bet.

I was bigger last time at that stage too.

Laura.

I think you're better off getting hold of a good quality pair of maternity trousers, that will see you through.

My favourite pair have been some I got in Next that are polyester and stretchy with a huge panel on the belly that you can either fold over or wear ruched down and they are still dead comfy on me now. They hang really nicely on the legs and were only about £17. They are the only maternity trousers that saw me all the way through and were comfortable enough to sit down in without digging in at all. Highly recommended.

I'm not sure what they have got in the new range but I guess they have probably got something very similar.

Dorothy Perkins do a similar pair and oddly enough they aren't in the maternity section. They are £20 but worth every penny. I will be wearing them until they fall to bits :lol:

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
I think you're better off getting hold of a good quality pair of maternity trousers, that will see you through.

My favourite pair have been some I got in Next that are polyester and stretchy with a huge panel on the belly that you can either fold over or wear ruched down and they are still dead comfy on me now. They hang really nicely on the legs and were only about £17. They are the only maternity trousers that saw me all the way through and were comfortable enough to sit down in without digging in at all. Highly recommended.

I'm not sure what they have got in the new range but I guess they have probably got something very similar.

I had the same as these from Next and they are the most comfy trousers and very much worth getting. They do petite, regular and long too. At 8 weeks they may be a touch baggy round the tummy, but I think Mothercare now do some 'early stage' trousers. Their new catalogue just came out. Maybe worth a look?

i have the same trousers from next too, and they've been sooooo comfy! the only ones i could wear right from the start and all the way through! i love them and have worn them to death! i also had to go into maternity clothes really really early, was feeling bloated from about 9 weks, and by 12-13 weeks i was in maternity wear full time!

I had the same from Mothercare, only £12 they were at the time, and again, very comfy and the only pair of trousers which have seen me through!!!

I was just like you, Tankett, and bought mine at exactly 8 weeks!! :) so go for it, you won't regret it!

love,
Mel xx

Thanks for all the advise ladies. I was speaking to a friend last night who's 28 weeks, and she recommended Next as well. She also said that George at Asda were good (and cheap!!).

So, I'm off shopping. I'll let you know later how I got on.

Well, I now love Next!! I've never liked their clothes, but their maternity range is fantastic. Only problem is that they didn't have my size in anything I liked, so I have to order it from the Next Directory. They all fitted great everywhere, but I need long, and they only had standard. I did ask and they do all lengths in the catalogue.

The good news is that I then went to Asda and have a pair of black trousers for work and a pair of really nice jeans which fit now. £30 for the 2!!

Happy bunny. :lol: :lol:

asda's range is really good - specially if you find a stoore with a good selection - funnily enuf, the smaller of my two closest asda stores has more selection

i got a pair of the panel jeans when i was about, 15 weeks, and they're still going strong!

another good option is ebay - thats if you dont mind second hand!

happy shopping!

shamu

agree asda is good too! along with the trousers from next, my asda pair of jeans for £10 are the only other pair that have lasted me through! the others are now really digging in and hurting my bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back