When should I see my Midwife?

dotty100

Reaction score
I am 9 weeks on Friday and have heard nothing from either my Dr or a MW.
The last time I spoke to someone was when I went to the Drs (at 4 weeks) to confirm I was pregnant.
It sounds like people all see their MW at different times but should I have heard something by now, even if it is just a letter to make
an appointment?? :think:

i was 12 weeks before i saw my midwife hun and that was my booking in appointment

i was about 9 or 10 at a guess cause of my mc in dec 06id make another appt with your doc and ask about mw.

I saw my midwife for my booking in appointment between 7 and 8 weeks, maybe give them a call.

I had my first app with midwife today. Doctor told me to ask for the hour for my first app. I was there for 10 mins. she read thru a bit of stuff about diet and blood tests, filled in some forms to send off for my scan etc. I'm going again in 3 weeks so i'll be 10 weeks then, she said she would be doing a blood test then but she said at that point she still wouldn't be able to hear the heart beat? (my friend had this done at 8 weeks?) I think every town must be different!!

Hey ladies you generally first see the mid-wife when you are 8 wks and then it goes every 8wks after that and so on :)

Saw mine around 8 weeks and then 11 weeks (yesterday!) when she took pints and pints AND PINTS of blood. Ok...exaggerating...but 3 test tubes-ful!

i was 12 weeks... i went to the doc's about 5 weeks.. you shoud hear something soon

:hug:

i got a form to go by. misplaced it atm tho.

I have got my appointment :dance:
I will be 2 days under 13 weeks when I go. I can't believe I will have to wait so long.
I still have not heard anything about a scan. I am thinking on the positive
side that the longer I have to wait the better the scan will be and the more
I will see :)

I still havent heard ewt im 10 weeks think was 12 weeks ish with jodie though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams