changing midwife

pregpixie76

Reaction score
had a talk with my gp today cause my mw caused me a lot of stress on friday at my booking app and she felt if i didnt feel comfy with her i should change.
talked to the head mw today and she's gonna take me on and discuss my concerns on thursday.i didnt want to make a fuss i feel uncomfy doing it but as my dr said if u arent comfy with the care provided for 9 months then its better to change than stress.
so if u have an issue with your mw dont feel afraid to ask to change.nobody wants to feel uncomfy with someone.

Glad you were able to change hun, hopefully your new midwife will be better.

Really glad you changed hun, I'm sure your new mw will be much better :) x x

good that u changed better than being unhappy :)

think its good that you've changed hun - its a long time to be stuck with someone you are not comfortable with. think of yourself and don't worry xxx

Well, if its going to make you feel happier about your care during pregnancy, then its definitely for the best that you have changed midwife.
Out of interest, why did you not feel comfortable with her? Did I miss a thread?

she wanted me to see a specailist mw called a snips mw might as well call them pre-natal socialworkers and im totally against this.generally at the booking app they ask u social background questions such as have u done drugs do u drink have u had mental health problems have u had social work involvment.if u answer truthfully and say yes to any of these u are then apparently considered needing a snips mw.apparently this is an automatic thing they do and u are flagged as vulnerable
but that wasnt the whole of it.
at the start of my preg i was freaked out about having high blood pressure and being preg and part of me felt scared and like it was such a big risk.so without asking my permission she made an app to talk to my dr about a possible abortion.i didnt attend the dr;s app i waited to see the ob who totally put my mind at rest.she said the snips mw was for people with extra health needs and mentioned my fibromyalgia.
most people see then for mental health issues,addictions or child protection reasons or domestic abuse,so i was mislead and that really pissed me and my partner off.she seemed annoyed i went to my dr about a possible uti instead of her and my dr felt that was silly and she keeps bringing up my anxious state during my first preg 16 yrs ago.i dont see what 16 yrs ago has to do with this preg.i also had 3 incidents of spotting which didnt bother me cause i knew why i had them,and she basically said i should have been straight up there getting checked out ( yes because if u are gonna mc they can stop it before 12 weeks ( not).if i had been concerned i know what to do.she also strangly suggested i had whitecoat hypertension ( meaning it only goes up when a health care provider takes it) um i've had high bp since i was 27 its just part of my life.
the head mw said to me when i said i felt my mw was worrying for me that maybe i found her highly strung.deffo not my choice of words but they were her's so it makes me wonder if others have found her highlystrung.i had just one issue with her before the booking app and that was reminding me about my first preg which i had a horrendous time with and i really dont want to think back to that.....jesus i just wrote a novel lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back