When should hpt show negative?

Carla81

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondered when u should generally get a neg hpt following a mc?
I had mc with medical mgt on sat and bleeding has stopped today.
I did digi earlier just out of interest and still saying 2-3 weeks.
Just wanna get back to normal now and feeling very impatient!
Only blood tests i had was 27th nov (19000) and 29th nov (16000).
Thanks x

It can vary quite a bit, some people get negative hpt within a week or two but sometimes it can take a bit of time. I know that's not much help and I was like you and just wanted to get back to "normal". I'm a bad example and doc even said I was unlucky it took so long as it was just over 2 months, but that's not usual (I had erpc as well so don't know if that makes s difference). Most seemed to be 2-4 weeks. Fingers crossed your speedy and feeling ok x

Thanks i have a follow up scan next wed so hopefully thats a question they may have an idea on x

Until id passed all of the tissue I stayed positive. Took ages and I totally understand how u feel! Xxz

Thankfully it was all pretty quick for me in the end, scan on 17th dec showed everything was gone, took another hpt xmas eve which was negative.
Just waiting for first af now which should be due in a few days.
Fingers crossed!

so sorry for your loss hun its the most horrible thing to go through having gone through it myself 3 months ago.

It took a while for me to get a negative result had two inconclusive pregnancy tests with urine so they started taking blood levels were higher than they would expect so had three lots of blood i think a week apart before finally getting a negative - i had my first proper af as i call it 23rd november from mmc 1st september (had medical management 10th september)

sending you love and higs xx

I had 4 mc, and it was different each time, but 1-3 weeks was the range. The 3 week one felt like it went of forever and was most upsetting.

I hope yours drops quickly, but your levels look quite high, so realistically may be a bit of a wait.

So sorry for your loss. x

I had a positive on a digi 5 weeks after my last mc! I coldnt believe it, I thought I was pregnant again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back