• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when is a braxton hick a real contraction.

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Since about 7.30 ive been aware that im regularly getting the pain I would associate with a braxton hicks despite not getting bh's that much previously. They have been coming about every 10 mins throughout the morning and vary in strength and pain. A tightening at the top that develops into a pain down below, the pain goes then the tightening stops.

Are bh;s this regular? My waters havent gone.

Any ideas anyone?

I haven't had any BH myself... i'd call the hospital just to ask. I' sure i read somewhere that you don't usually get more than 4 BH an hour and if you do you should contact your MW. Can't do any harm giving them a call.. might be the rral thing for you... fingers crossed for you. your full term now!

x

I had this the day I went into labour, from about 1.30pm I was getting repetitive pains like a stitch, my waters hadn't broke but I rang the hospital and they said it sounded like the early stages of labour and then when I went to bed that night about 11.30pm my waters broke and the contractions started!

Might be an idea to call the midwife or hospital even if it is a false alarm, is best to put your mind at rest. Good luck x

Arrrrrrgggghhhhhh. I have a app this afternoon so if it is then I will know by then. I always have things wrong when I go for my midwife app, but I know Im not imagining it.

Thanks again Hayley and lucylou, I had been reading back your posts before about the pains and feeling sick etc but I still wasnt sure.

by the time 3.30 they had more or less stopped. I mentioned it to the midwife but she just looked at me as if I was simple.
But they are back again, every 10-15 mins and are keeping me awake, im knackered so im through in the living room armed with a big pillow and a fan.
Im not impressed, this better not go on for a fortnight. :shakehead:

Now ive shifted position and am sitting up again they seem to have died off again. I just want to sleep, :D :sleep:

That does sound like the start of something Laura. How are you feeling this morning??? Hopefully you've managed to get some sleep.

:hug:

hi guys,
Im still here and despite not getting much sleep the pains have died off completely. Jessica is away to her Nanas for the afternoon so im going to try for a sleep. I really wished that the labour had started, im fed up.

Thanks nikki and tankett
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back