When does it get easier :'-(

I'm the same Samantha - every day is one day closer! My nipples feel bruised all the time, when I pick C up for a hug it really hurts! Reminds me of when my boobs were first growing as a teen! Lol!

I'm going to start expressing this weekend is hubby can do some feeds, should give me a bit of a break. Also am in 2 minds as to introducing a dummy as I feel like I'm also being used for comfort sucking a lot, especially at night! Thing is that I don't really mind that, but if a dummy means my nipples heal and I can ultimately keep breastfeeding for longer then it may be worth it! Xx

My boobs hurt when I hold baby too close to them... But to be fair even my clothes rubbing on them or pjs at night ... Have taken to wearing a bra at all times!!

I definitely feel like a dummy at times!! Have been trying a dummy with my little one for two weeks now to no avail... Am hoping he will eventually take it and start to soothe himself as at the moment he won't settle or sleep without me feeding him/ being a dummy!

X

We haven't introduced the dummy yet, with the tongue tie and bottle and nipple shield all being used today I don't want to add further confusion.

Maybe next week! X

Anyone found it any easier yet? Still hugely sore here :(

Apart from my little monkeys all day constant feeding, pain certainly continuing to ease and get easier. Had another weigh in yest and again he had gained but 'not enough'... Still being told I should top up with formula... Feeling so disheartened about it and frustrated that my milk still isn't enough. I had taken Domperidone for 2 weeks and felt that was really helping my supply as boobs were feeling much more full but am not allowed anymore than 2 weeks worth according to MW so am worried supply will drop and all my reading online suggests it should be taken for longer...

Will keep going.

How is everyone else getting on?

My pain has got worse so back on the nipple shield :( weight gain is good though - now 11lb at 4 weeks so a right chunk! ;)

Really trying to persevere in the hope it will improve...

Hope shields work for you Hun and give your nipples time to heal. I never got on with them really but I also didn't persevere with them.

X

Good to see that a few people are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't cried when feeding for about a week now. Not sure whether that's because it's less painful or that I'm just getting used to it!! To be fair, there are feeds when the pain at the start is fairly fleeting and then it's pretty much pain free. I still do have painful feeds, but they're less frequent.

I found the cling film tip helped to give my nipples a few days to heal.

His weight gain is much better too. After losing 10% of his birth weight! then only putting 20-30grams on for the next few weigh ins, he finally managed to put 12oz on in 6 days!! What a chunk!

Just goes to show, no matter how much we worry, most of the time, nature takes care of things. Fingers crossed we all keep improving!!

Wow that's great weight gain Junebug! Well done. The weight gain is still my hardship but hoping my little man will start piling the weight on soon but I do also think he is just going to be a little chap as his mum and dad were as babies and only steadily put weight on!

Glad the pain is getting easier too. I know I felt like it never would but I've definitely turned a corner now so fingers crossed it will just keep getting easier for you!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back