Itchy nipples plus feeding question

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!!!

I am experiencing the same itching on my nipples as when i was pregnant. They are really itchy and can get red at some points. My only relief is Thomas feeding from them.

I have started to give 2 bottles a day of formula so he can be ready for creche when i go back to work, could it come from that? It is quite uncomfy.

Although i wanted to ask. Thomas drinks about 70 ml/80 ml of the bottle while he should be at 160 ml is this normal? He chews the teat a lot as well. He will drink fine for a few minutes and then start to chew it. sometimes he even cries and refuses it so i give him the breast but he has to get use to the bottle. Any tips?

thanks

Hi hun, I get itchiness sometimes but I have got thrush in my breast so that explains mine, perhaps you could ask your HV or Dr to check that you don't have this? I have no answers for the bottle feeding, I do know that Seren does not alays accept a bottle from me as she knows I have boobs, and she will push it out of her mouth. The only time she will accept it happily is when there is breast milk in there. I hope Thomas gets used to the bottle soon, good luck x

thanks!!!! Thanks too for your mail, will answer you later on, Thomas has been a bit hard work because i have not taken him out those last 2 days. Also i spent a lot of time talking to him as he repeats some sound and does make a lot of noises and smiles :)

That is so cute, Seren has started to do the same thing, little gurgles and a "eh" sound. She was talking to her reflection in her mirror today, must have thought the other baby was very rude as it wouldn't speak back to her. She also does it when feeding, keep telling her its rude to talk with your mouth full :D No probs for the PM, just take care of yourself xx

Rubie has started 'saying words' too, it's the cutest thing ever!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back