when do you go for first appointment?

louzee22

Reaction score
hi i am about 8 weeks pregnant but at the mo i have no doctor as i ve moved house and have been waiting for 3 weeks for a doc. getting a bit worried about having a mid wife appointment! when do i need to book one?
thanks louise

:wave:

I think every practice does it differently. My midwife in my practice won't see anyone until they are at least 10 weeks.

:hug:

Ooh and congratulations!

or thanks i heard that off somebody else i justed wanted to check thanks
louise

Have you registered with a new Dr as they should be able to book you in with midwife, our midwife does booking appointments at 8 weeks.

8 weeks is usually the average time, good luck hope you can see a midwife soon :hug:

ye i agree with the others ours is at 8 weeks

I changed doctors just as i found out i was pregnant. I filled in the forms at the new doctors and asked if they could just book me in with the midwife and they did for when i was around 9 weeks. I still don't know who my doctor is! Although i think our docs you just see whoever.

My notes hadn't been transferred to the new doctors yet though when i had my first MW appointment so i couldn't answer some of the medical questions like when my last smear was and something else about injections i think, but they got them now!

Ring your surgery and ask if they will book you straight in to see the midwife!

KirstyD said:
Ring your surgery and ask if they will book you straight in to see the midwife!

what she said. my first appointment wasnt until 10 weeks and my midwife was in a right state about it being so late

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back