When do they induce?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I am nearly one week overdue and I am going to have a sweep on Monday morning (this got me started when I had my little girl).

However, if it does not work this time, how long do they let you go before they induce?

Julia xxxxxx

I was told at my antenatal class that they won't induce until 14 days overdue - but that is just this area. It might be different where you live.

I hope things get started for you soon ... :pray:

Thanks, Chookie.

Yes, and me...really do not want to force little one out by means of induction!

Julia xxx

Term plus 12 here but you can refuse and they will scan you every day after to make sure everything is okay to be left another day. Obviously if you do deley/refuse induction you have to take into account that baby will be growing larger by the day and that the placenta may start to deteriorate (but if they offer to scan you daily you will be advised when it is medically essential for the baby delivered rather than just preferable if that makes sense? :? )

I was booked in to be induced at term+11 (luckyly I'd had Amber by then!). But I think its any time after a week over due unless there are medical reasons. Hope things get going for you soon
:hug: :hug:

YOu're still here then? So am i!!

It depends on your hospital. some do it earlier than 2 weeks overdue but mine is booked for MOnday 1 December which will be exactly 2 weeks.

Im hoping for both of us that the next sweeps we have (monday and tuesday) kick things off!

Claire x

its 14 days here to, lets hope you and claire would of both have had them by then :pray:

Thanks for your replies!

Roll on tomorrow morning - sweep at 11.30am. I am not looking forward to it because last time (with my little girl) it bloody hurt!! But if it starts things off then it is worth it.

I have had diorrohea twice today so wondering if it is my body emptying itself ready for labour to start?!?

Julia xxxx

i always wonder how long we'd be pregnant for if we weren't induced at +14(ish).

charlotte_ said:
i always wonder how long we'd be pregnant for if we weren't induced at +14(ish).

If its me or Julia probably a couple of years??!!! :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back