When do I tell my doctor?

Zoziebubly

Reaction score
Hi all,

I cant believe im posting here!!
Im four weeks pregnant i found out for sure yesterday. :)

I have had a previous ectopic pregnancy in 2004
and in may this year i had a mc so i am a little worried but i am feeling quite positive about this one!

Anyway, when should i call my doc to let them know im pregnant?

xxxxxx

Hi Zoziebubly

I only got my :bfp: this morning (as I think you will have gathered from other threads) and I rang up first thing. Was offered next Thu originally but the very sweet receptionist said, oh I bet you want one earlier than that so now I'm booked in for next Tue.

I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine this time round but get yourself booked in asap.

Maybe we can be pregnancy buddies since we are v close on dates even if mine are slightly out!

Jodie x

Last edited:
Yea defo! preggo buddies!! lol

I feel so much different from last time round. My HCG levels are higher and i feel really pregnant, and i didnt last time.
think i will call the doc and let them know xxxx

Yes go for it. What do they do when you first go? I'm completely clueless!!

Ummmmm...nothing much really. Just take your details and book you in with the midwife.
The midwife does all the nitty gritty really. takes bloods, weighs you, measures your height ect..

I thought that was likely to be the case!

But I guess you might get an earlier midwife appointment the sooner you get in to see the doc so worth doing...

Last edited:
Just called my doc. My midwife will be calling me on Sunday!? Sunday? weird day to call. anyway, i asked if the doc needed to see me and she said that they just let me doc know i am pregnant and le t the midwife deal with everything.

xxx

Oooh that sounds even easier then! No need to traipse to the docs just for them to give you your appointment with the midwife! Lucky you! x

yea i know! i feel quite privileged!

I was just looking at all the 1st tri bump pics. I have no bump yet. I want bump! LoL

I definitely don't have a bump yet! I don't want one yet though as I'm hoping to keep it quiet for a bit!!! x

Yea me too, But i just want a wee tiny one. that i can hide. LoL

I went to the docs, and he just went through what to eat, not to eat, etc, etc, and updated my notes, and booked me in with the midwife for next week, when it will really start to happen i suppose! Also got to do another pregnancy test with the midwife to double check!!
xxx

I got my midwife appointment through today, its the 7th, really looking forward to it ! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back