Tips to get my baby to turn

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
I have just come back from the hospital having had a 32 week scan - all was looking great for LO - he is 4lb 9oz today so not a little one at all - but he is still very much breech - his head is right under my left ribs.... I was not surprised as it is very uncomfortable. My other son was breech until a week before he was born but turned the night before they were going to try and turn him.

I wondered if you lovely ladies had any tips to try and help him turn? I seem to remember reading something about a birthing ball? I really dont want a section and they have scheduled another scan in 4 weeks time when if they cant turn him then they want to book me in for a section.. :(

Jane x

I've never experienced this as im expecting my first but i have read online that doing stuff on all fours can help

You should inquire about acupuncture - see if they offer it at your local hospital. I had it to turn baby from back - to - back position, it never worked for me but you can really feel baby move when they put the needles in (well I could, made me feel really squeamish!) and it works really well for some. I also had it during labour to try to turn bubba.

Honestly - it's worth a try :)

Kim x x x x

Oh hun another naughty baby!! Mines very much breech too........with his head firmly tucked under my ribs!

They were not even slightly concerned when I went to the hospital last week for my scan, and said I had lots of time - I was 33 weeks!

Apparently going on all fours for upto 20 mins at a time, moxibution (google that one), using an ice pack - held near babies head, and also visualising them turning is also supposed to work(?)!!

Hope he turns soon, and sounds positive if your last son turned - albeit at the last minute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back