when did your LO....

neeko_1

Reaction score
hey ladies.

i was just wondering when did your LO's start calling you mummy, and did they only call you mummy, or did they starting calling everyone mummy??

just a thought :)

Jamie was making the sounds mum mum at a few months old but he still doen't say Mummy & he's 18 months old now :shock: I keep encouraging him but he don't wanna know!!

Erin was 14 months old when she started calling me Mummy. She never did get confused and call everyone Mummy, just me. Such a heart-swelling experience when they first say it. :D

She was saying the "mum-mum-mum" noise for a while, but it was not consciously directed at me, I don't think. I know she was saying "Dad-dad-dad" when she was still crawling as we've got it on video. :)

After that I began to regret the "MUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMMMMMMMyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"s that would occur whenever I was more than 2 inches away from her. :D She also learnt that calling "mummy" when she was in bed meant that I went upstairs to see her.....

Tia started with ma ma... then when she was about 3 she started making attempts at mummy as that's what I called myself... she would call my mum.. mum though as everyone else called her mum... :rotfl:

Ruby hs been saying dadda since 6 months old, and EVERYONE is dadda to her :rotfl:

I spend hours saying to her "Say mamma", she looks at me and says "dadda" then grins madly like she is the cleverest thing ever!

I point to the dog, and she says "dadda"...its hilrious!

I cant wait for her to say mamma :pray:

Jam says mama and thats only for me, mostly when hes awake in his cot durin the night and he wants a cuddle!! :roll:

Dadda he knows is Mike cos I never responded to it to make sure he knew it was Mike but if he points to a dog or cat then that gets called dadda too lol

oh and if he hurts himself, he stands there and cries 'maaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaa' in between sobs bless him

Jake's only words so far are Dad and Da-Da. I have been trying to get him to say Mum but it hasn't worked yet. I'm not sure if when he says Dad he knows what it means or not because he says it when OH isn't with us aswell as when he is.

They generally say dada before mama because the m sound is harder than the d sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back