just wondering?

rach

Reaction score
can anyone tell me why the health visitor would be calling to see me next week? i understand why i still had to have the midwife calling after i had jamie for my health purposes but when i had luke the health visitor used to call to check babies health and development not to see the mother i did say to her on the phone you do know ive not got a baby and she said yes but still had to call to see me was just wondering if anybody could tell me why??? xxxxxxxx

i know that they now do checks on the mum for post natal depression and any other problems the mother may be having.

Maybe its for that? :think:

Don't know hun but she came out about 2 months after aimee was born to do a post natal depression questionaire with me. maybe it could be that!

i would think it was the PND thing, but surely you can refuse that if you feel ok ? and i cant think of any other reason they would need to come out

lol how would they know i got post natal depression and not just depressed due to my son being stillborn?????
oh well at least now i know what to expect and it sounds about right the day shes coming will be exactly 8 weeks to the day i gave birth
oh well just as well get it over with i suppose thanks everyone xxxx

That does sound a little bizzare to me. Wouldn't they expect you to feel a little low considering the situation? :roll:

I don't want to sound horrible but do the HV know the situation? they haven't just been given a birth list have they and they take it 8 weeks from there? i don't know how they work- i would presume they get the full story about each parent etc. :think:

that is silly if its for that, ur gonna be perfectly happy that u just lost ur lil boy wot do they think they are on about, i had to do a PnD test it was basically awnsering Q's on a peice of paper

Hi

It probably is that i had to go in to see them and do a questionaire ect.
I hope they give you a break giving your situation, let us know how it goes hun.
xxKatrina

yeah she definately knows jamie was stillborn and i cant think why else she would be coming :? its got to be that post natal depression thing but like i said how can they tell its not like im gonna be happy right now is it
she is coming on wednesday lunch time so il let you all know what it was for then thanks for all the replies xxxxx

Maybe rach she's just coming to see how you are?
You're obviously on their list, so although your circumstances are different they might be coming as a general follow up aswell as to do the PND thing.

*HUG* for you hun...

Rach, maybe the HV is coming out to check you up, because PND is PND. Your hormones would still be all over the place, they say it takes a year or more for them to clear your system.

Hope you doing ok.

Sue

hi everyone well hv came and was just a follow up apparently she will come for the next few weeks just to support us until after we get all the results back from jamies post mortom was really helpful to talk to her she has suggested i see the doctor to have some medication for a few months which i declined due to ttc again she will also organise any counselling for any of us and also support my son luke she says she can bring him some books to read if he still refuses to see a counsellor
and for the first time ive avtually been told if im ready to ttc again to go for it and she understood how i felt it was great to actually get some advice about ttc again instead of just being told not to she also said even though a next pregnancy was going to be very scary that they would not risk this happening to me again and i would have tons of scans so all in all even though ive spent the last few hours crying and upset i feel a lot better for seeing her :D
just wanted to let you all know thanks xxxxxxx

glad seeing her n talking to her has made u feel a bit better babe *hugz* xx

Thats good news rach, I'm glad to hear your getting proper support :)

xxx

thanks it was really good to have someone to talk to about things :D xxx

Rach you are so brave. Is Luke ok?x

yeah hes not doing too bad thanks hun xxxxx

It's terrible, all we were thinking about was you, but at the same time we never took into consideration how hard it was for him! bless him. That's great that you are ttc again, :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back