When did you put LO into their own room?

Ellie_P

Reaction score
I know the official advice is to wait til they're 6 months, but did anyone do this earlier? My LO is now 18 weeks, and she sleeps quite well but is bl**dy noisy! She often thrashes around and/or has a little sing to herself, several times a night. I'm waking up 5 or 6 times a night, and whereas she goes back to sleep most times on her own :cheer: it takes me a good half hour to go back to sleep :( Starting to get really tired, but would I be a bad mum if I put her in her own room now?

My Lo is still in our room, he has slept in his own room 4 times in total.

Phew, I'm glad i'm not the only one.

Hi Ellie_P

Everyones situation differs and i think you have to do what you think is best for your situation. You will know your baby best and i think if you are not so sleep deprived the next day, it can only be a good thing?

I was the same as you and would wake up at the slightest noise. My wee fella went into his own room shortly after his first lot of injections. I kept him in his moses basket but placed this in his cot. He came to no harm and i definately :sleep: better
xx

Ive just put Dafydd in his own room this week, he's 3mths.

He was too big for the moses basket and the cot wouldnt fit in our room so had no choice :(

I bought somw monitors and can hear his every sound. I put him in there awake at half 9 and he doesnt wake until anytime between 5 and 7.

Cammy was in his own room at about 4 months.
We both kept waking each other up. Was bliss when he moved and we both got great sleeps.
Do what is right for you and bubs, evryone parent and child is different in there needs

We moved Ella into her room at about 10 weeks. Her room is a few steps from ours so she can still hear us and vice versa.

Lydia was in our room in her own cot until 22 months.

Alex is still co-sleeping.

We put kyran in his own room at about 12weeks. He still sleeps in his moses basket in his cot. His room is right next to ours and im a light sleeper so i always hear him if he wakes up. strangly enough OH never hears him :roll: If i wasnt such a light sleeper i think he'd still be in our room.

My LO has been in his own room since outgrowing his moses basket at about 8weeks. His cot wouldn't have fit into my room.

He was a noisy sleeper and too be honest as soon as he moved I had a much better nights sleep, cos although he's only next door & I have a monitor - I don't hear the snuffles and movements as much, but can obviously hear if he's awake and/or crying.

He's just started sleeping thru the night too - so into bed at around 7.30pm and sleeps thru til about 7am the next morning.

I do still go check on him whenever I get up to go to the loo tho :D

She went into her own room at 4 weeks :shock: and out of her Moses basket and into the cot on Sunday at 7 weeks.

She wakes just once during the night now and we all sleep better AND I got some nookie last night for the first time since August 4th :cheer:

Maddison went into her own room at 10 weeks and the household has been sleeping soundly ever since :D

My lil mans only got 4 more weeks of being in our room max.

He sleeps gennerally 9pm till 5am then back down till 8am, he seems to wake in the night, or atleast snuffle around loudly, which wakes me, but he always settles himself again... much faster than me unfortunately.

I have bought one of those monitors with the pad that goes under the mattress, and an alarm goes off if he stops breathing.. or if you take him out at 5am and forget to turn the monitor off - he he, sorry OH :oops:

With that I am happy to put him in his own room in a few weeks, I want him going mabey 9 til 7 solidly before poping him in another room really.

We put Dan in his own room at about 4/5 months. I wanted to keep him in with me as recommended but he was just way too big for his moses basket!

Thanks everyone - am feeling much less guilty at the thought of putting her in her own room now! :hug:

We put Jenna in her own room (next door to ours) at 2 weeks old. We put her moses basket inside her cot, and had the monitor (with sensor pad) on - no problems and we all sleep very well :D

luke was 6 weeks old! we put him in his moses basket in the cot, as i just couldn't sleep with him in the same room.

Ja was 4 weeks old, he's a noisy sleeper too! It was the best decision we made :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back