• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you or will you pack you & baby's hospital bags? :)

Mrsyogibear

Reaction score
So...I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, FULL TERM WOOOHOOO! :)

And as some of you may know booked in to have my Elective Section on 30th may...2weeks today :)

I'm pretty prepaired, I've got pretty much all mine & baby's stuff in bar a dressing gown for me and a bouncer chair for him which i'll get next week.
washed, dried, ironed and put away all his little clothes and bedding.

Just to pack the hospital bags and put pram up.
told oh to do the pram next weekend (which is a few days before section lol)

I'm thinking of packing the hospital bags this weekend when i'll be 37+2 or 37+3
when did/are you doing yours??

what are you putting in yours? x

I'm planning to pack mine this weekend so I'll be 34 weeks. My OH wants us to be prepared so he knows what he needs to grab when I go into labour. I've got a list of what I need to pack and have all the bits on the list, I just need to actually pack the bags now xxx

My sister packed her bags at 30weeks. she nearly took a heart attack when i told her i need to pack my bag this week lol

Mine all done too but had to because of early contractions so needed to be ready! I had a list from MW on what to take, loads of suggestions online though. Good luck :) x

I might start packing mine this weekend. I've still got a few bits to get and to wash. I'm not anxious about it because we don't live that far from where I want to give birth, so there's loads of time... surely?... I think I'm just quite relaxed about it all. x

Mine all done too but had to because of early contractions so needed to be ready! I had a list from MW on what to take, loads of suggestions online though. Good luck :) x

Is it actual contractions or bh? ive had loads bh for weeks more now.
im actually looking forword to packing the bags.
my midwives dont really talk to you about anything :s but im not seeing anyone else till my pre op app in 12days x

I packed mine 2 weeks ago but getting itchy feet I've washed all the clothes but they have been sitting in a bag for 2 weeks and likely another 4 weeks. What is anybody doing about airing the clothes? Or are you just leaving them??

I started packing at 30 weeks but didn't finally finish until 38 weeks lol x

I started buying things for mine a few weeks ago but only put it all into a small case last week. I put baby's stuff into another bag too. It actually took a bit of organising cos there were so many small bits and bobs to buy for it. I still need snacks, and to pack a towel and outfit for coming home in. I also still need to get my back up bag ready cos I know hubby wont have a clue what extra things I'd need or where to find them in the house!!

Did mine between 37 and 38 weeks and popped bang on 39! But labour was so quick it didn't even come out of the car, and tbh I hardly used any of it in hospital - it was just a pain to unpack when I got home.

I had my DD at 34 weeks so probably when I am around 30 weeks this time I will quickly pack a 'basic' hospital bag, just with PJ's, toiletries etc. Then pack proper bags for me and the baby around 36 weeks. With my DD I ended up at the hospital with no warning so had nothing with me at all but to be honest didn't really need anything anyway so this time round I am not going to get too hung up on what to pack.

I only did mine the other day- everyone kept having a go cos I hadn't done it! Still have a few things like my kindle etc which I'll be using till then to put in. I expect I'll have plenty time. I did however start packing then realise I needed a bigger bag! Think I packed the kitchen sink! Xx

Mine is almost done. I have just about everything but still need to wash babies clothes to go in it. Dont want to do it too soon cos want them to be fresh.

I have got a few bits to go into my hospital bag, most of LO's things are in the nursary but I have more to get for me. I will prbably pack it around 34 weeks.....xx

Offt! all these questions ladies and i am just over from tri 2 lol! Good to see other peoples inputs though.

I think ill do mine when i start maternity in 8 weeks lol

x

I'm seriously having panic attacks because mine are not packed yet I sill have stuff to buy this weekend then hopefully will pack them on Monday!

With my LO I has them ready by 36 weeks I was so organised...... This time not so much!

Oh I need to pack a back up bag as last time I ended up in for four days and getting my DH to bring stuff in was a nightmare!

Last edited:
Have been getting hounded from all directions to get my bag packed. Have most of the stuff for baby in what will be nursery, clothes are all washed, ironed and in wardrobe. Need to get few bits for me, although there are things that I won't be fit to put in until last minute like kindle, ipod, drinks, snacks. Will hopefully get started on putting it all together within next week. Hopefully that'll put DH mind at rest.

I done mine last week coz I was having really strong bh and thought I should really get a move on. All of baby,s stuff is packed and I,ll pack what I need, like pj,s toiletries, towels etc when I no it,s time, they are all to hand ready to be chucked in.

i started mine at 30 weeks and just a few bits to go in now ie pyjama bottoms, clothes to come home, bottles

I'm 27+4 and I've started gathering bits for hospital bag already but only bcoz they've been On a deal. I will prob do around 30 wks so I am prepared. I did the same with my ds but Im glad I did as it was kind of a mad rush!!lol!!he didn't want to hang around and everyone likes to tell me 2nd babies are quicker so I don't want to take any chances!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back