When did you first see a midwife?

JoS

Reaction score
I know with my son I went to the doctors who then just told me to make a midwife appointment so was a waste of time. I think this time I will just see a midwife and miss out the doctor, but is it too early to make an appointment now, I'm only 4 weeks.

I think it depends on area - where I live the midwife won't see you until you're around 8 weeks. When I told my GP I was TTC he advised when I got pregnant not to bother going to see him and just waiting until I was nearly 8 weeks and booking in with the midwife so I'm going to phone them next week (I'll be 6 weeks then) and book then :) Congrats on your BFP by the way :) xx

I met my midwife at 5 weeks for information session and mango about drop in sessions. Then u saw mind did booking in at 8+2. In my area you need to go through your doctor to see the midwife as you can only be referred. I'd still say advise your GP. Mubexerighed me snd took my bp and booked me in to the midwife session. At least ring your doctors. Also our surgery requires a urine test.

I had to go to my GP, who were pretty useless as they didn't let midwife know I was pregnant, so I rang myself at about 6 weeks and she booked me in for when I was 8 weeks.

This time I was 11+5 but with my son I was 7-8 weeks when I saw her x

I'm meeting my midwife in about three weeks time, so will be just under 8 weeks xx

My booking in appointment was at 9 weeks :)

XxX

Mine was at 10 weeks. I made the mistake of booking a GP appointment first too, which was also pointless. So you could just ring the GP and say you're pregnant when should you see the midwife.

Congrats btw! :)

I have an appt with my GP tomorrow morning, hmmm starting to think it will be useless now... perhaps i should have told them on the phone?? oh well i will go anyway as i only went to see her in beg of June to ask if i could have some fertility tests as i wasn't getting pregnant, least she will know it worked!! lol

Hiya ,

I found out at 6 weeks and went to the EPU as I was experiencing sever cramps on my left side, they did a scan to check to see if the pregnancy was ectopic (thank god it was not ).

They gave me a form to give to the scan unit next door who then booked me for a 12 weeks scan and a midwife app for 4 weeks later; so I was 10 weeks when i first saw my midwife.

I have an appt with my GP tomorrow morning, hmmm starting to think it will be useless now... perhaps i should have told them on the phone?? oh well i will go anyway as i only went to see her in beg of June to ask if i could have some fertility tests as i wasn't getting pregnant, least she will know it worked!! lol

That's exactly what happened to us! I saw my GP at the start of July who sent us for tests. Went back on Monday for the results and asked OH for another sample. He was referring us to the fertility clinic that day. Got my bfp on Tuesday morning lol. I was going to feel a bit embarrassed going back to see him to tell him I was pregnant, but I just spoke to the GP receptionist and told her I'd had a positive pregnancy test and I just had to go in and fill a form in and pick up a midwife pack xx

That's exactly what happened to us! I saw my GP at the start of July who sent us for tests. Went back on Monday for the results and asked OH for another sample. He was referring us to the fertility clinic that day. Got my bfp on Tuesday morning lol. I was going to feel a bit embarrassed going back to see him to tell him I was pregnant, but I just spoke to the GP receptionist and told her I'd had a positive pregnancy test and I just had to go in and fill a form in and pick up a midwife pack xx

This seems to happen a lot I find! My tests all came back really good so was at a loss why i was getting pregnant....luckily i didn't have to wait long! :)

That's what my doc said at both of our appointments, that people sometimes conceive whilst waiting for fertility help. Our results were ok, mine came back normal but OH was asked for another sample. Little did we know that I was already pregnant at the time! Xx

I saw mine at 10 weeks but it is normally between 8-10 weeks depending on your area.

I saw my GP a few days after I found out at 6 weeks, my midwife phoned me the following day to come in to the surgery to register my details and give me my bounty pack, she then made me an appointment to see her the following week (next tue) and said she will book me in for my scan appointment and some bloods, she says it generally takes 2 or 3 week for the scan appointment - exciting times:)

My GP wrote to the hospital to refer me. I've had my scan appointment letter for 12+3 but no word about my booking appointment. Are they dealt with separately? Not sure who to chase?

I had my early bird just after 8weeks an booking apt week after that...I saw Dr but for diff reasons but I filled in booking form for midwife at 7 weeks xx

Hiya
Im going tomorrow for my first appointment and il be 4 weeks+5days. At my surgery you skip the doc and go straight to the midwife as soon as you get your bfp!

Congrats on your bfp!
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back