Long Wait To See Midwife

bethanyann

Reaction score
I went to doctors on Friday when I was exactly 6 weeks pregnant and the GP told me to make a midwife appointment before I left as I was suposed to see one at 8 weeks.

When I booked one they said the absolute earliest they have an appointment is the 19th May...that's like 6 weeks away!! I'll be 12 weeks then, and so won't be able to make an appointment for a scan or anything before then will I?

I really don't know what to do...has anyone else had this?!

I had this problem. I have had to change doctors and it only got finalised on Thursday. The next available appointment they had was May 10th by which time I will be nearly 14 weeks.

So, I know in my area there is a community midwife team you can phone. She came to see me on Sunday and did the whole questionnaire with me and said she will book my scan.

Ring your doctor and see if there is a way of getting an appointment quicker.

ring the surgery and leave a msg for m/w to call you and ask her that even if you cant be booked that your scan is arranged they should make sure it done for you

I had a similar problem! The midwives are in so much demand- Luckily I got a cancellation but if I hadnt taken the chance I would have been 12 weeks when I had mine. x

Pester them! I didn't get seen till 11 weeks and I had to wait till I saw her till she put me through for my scan..although I have my date through now for Friday which I'll be 13+1 then so not too bad.

If give them a week or 2 an hound them once a week till they give you a better date xx

Thanks everyone!! I'll give the doctors surgery a call in a week or so and ask for the midwife to call me, so she can hopefully at least arrange my scan!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back