• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you announce your pg?

mermaid

Reaction score
I'm not sure when it will be best to announce my BFP to my family. Should I wait until I'm 3 mths? It is my dad's birthday in 2 wks and I would love to tell him then.

Trying to think of a nice way to tell my parents, like my little pink box with test in for my partner!

how faralong are you?

I think it's a great idea!!

Buy him a birthday card saying 'Happy Birthday Grandad' - put that its from his unborn grandchild !!!

we told our parents straight away but told them not to share the news with anyone else, then once we had been for the scan i was 13 weeks so then we shared our news with everyone else.

I told everyone as soon as I found out about 4-5 weeks, I just can't keep a secret. This time i haven't told my 5 year old yet and i'm going to leave it for as long as i can as when i had my 5 month old i told her straight away and i think it really dragged for her. I personally don't mind telling people early (family and very close friends) cos I will be glad of thier support if anything happens!

Thanks. I am only 4 weeks so feels a bit early. I would like to tell our parents but not the rest of my enormous family! Mum can't keep secrets though and she might just let it out!

I love the birthday card idea, it is lovely! :D Might just do that.

Yes, tell your dad that will be the best birthday present ever I think! Im sure he will be so proud :lol:

well after my husband and i had picked ourselves off the floor and i went for a scan to actually find out how far gone i was we told everyone. :D

my mum and dad told my family as i was up in my room crying :oops:
was a bit of a shock lol

when i found out i told my partner straight away you should of seen the look on hes face
shocked3.gif

then about a week later i told my dad and he was over the moon i burst into tears when i told him cause me and my dad are really close :D

I told close family a.s.a.p but friends and the rest of the family i havent really told yet, but thats all because im still young and am more nervous about what they will all say.

Well goodluck on what you decide hun

We were so happy as we have been trying for years for another baby we told eveyone at 6 weeks! they were so happy to.
we even told our 5 year old son who is over the moon and we show him pics on the internet of what the baby looks like at each week, he said it looks like a alien!lol. and tells people we are making him a baby for christmas.
we have our 1st scan tomorow and he will be coming with us to!

Sneaked test up to bathroom, couldnt believe my eyes when I saw it was positive :shock: Ran down stairs and OH had his back to me, I said "Do you love me"?" He said "Dont be so bloody stupid, of course I love you, what type of question is that.....?" His face was such a picture as he turned round to see me clutching my BPF, shaking from head to foot, bawling my eyes out!!!!! We told our parents and siblings immediately, and close friends over the next few days...I then felt I had rushed things and worried if things went wrong as I was only 4.5 weeks pregnant but then thought if things did go wrong, those people I had told would be there for me anyway.
I still have to tell work collegues, going to tell them thursday after my first scan, once I know for sure there is something in there!! They will be amazed I have kept it quiet for weeks, they know I wanted a baby nd I am quite exciteable!! :dance: :moon: LOL

You will know when its the right time, everyone will be so happy for you and its such an exciting time for you. Enjoy it xx

oh i don't think i could keep it a secret at all. That idea of the card is wonderful. i might "borrow " that one when i get my BFP!! best of luck with your pregnancy mermaid :dance:

I put up a post like this recently and I think the general concensus was to wait until after 3 months. I have told close family and friends, but not really announced it properly. I think really I have told the people that are important to me. It is up to you really when you want to tell everyone. I am waiting until after my scan Friday to make sure everything is ok and get a date then everybody watch out!

I think if something does or doesn't go wrong you need the support of others anyway. The OH can only take so much baby talk!

I do love the reaction you get though. Everyone is so pleased, no one is negative. Having a baby is such a wonderful thing, if a bit of a shock at first!

The birthday card is a great idea!

We told our parents but no1 else before the scan. After the scan we told my brothers and sister. Im paranoid so were not telling everyone until I know everything is alright after the downs test.

I think telling ur dad would be a great idea!

CONGRATS hun! :D

I started to tell my family at about 9 weeks as we thought i was 12 weeks then i told everyone else when i was 13 weeks but they all really guessed anyway and at work i didnt have to tell them they guessed as i was so tired and eating loads of fruit and veg where as normally i would be with my takeaways. and i was so tired all the time so work guessed!

Zoe, you have brought a tear to my eye reading how you told your OH!! That was wonderful!!!!

I told everyone straight away, can't keep a secret me! Everyone at work knew we were trying anyway, I got my BFP on New Years Day and then told work in the first day back. I had already shared the good news with the girls on here. We told family straight away as well. Due to my job, I had to change my role after having a risk assessment, so told other people as and when they asked why. I also looked grey and felt sick for the first 3 months and it was nice being able to explain why I looked so awful. I also wanted everyone to know in case the worst ever happened.

The down-side is that someone at work commented that I seem to have been pregnant forever. Thing is I told them when I was 5 weeks pg, instead of the normal 13. I'm not superstitious at all, so don't agree with the not telling people in case anything happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back