when did/will everyone start maternity leave?

flower

Reaction score
Hi!

I was just wondering when the rest of you started or are planning on starting maternity leave. i was hoping on working to the end of august, but im totally shattered at the moment. I work in a shop and we have to do ten hour shifts, so i basically dont get to sit down all day.... and i live in spain and its absolutely boiling at the moment! i really want to start my leave no but my boss is being funny about it because she hasnt found a replacement yet, and now says i have to give her 21 days notice, even though before we had arranged that i would just stop working when i felt it was becoming too much. Sorry to go on about it, im just so fed up at the moment im dying to stop working!

I've started mine already, well actually I'm currently on annual leave til end of month which is when maternity starts :D

I started my maternity leave at 35 weeks. I was originally going to work till 38 weeks but, like you, I got tired working and wasn't feeling well.

I took 3 weeks annual leave before starting the maternity leave proper.

Not sure how the rules are in Spain but in UK they can enforce that you give them at least 4 weeks notice to change dates if they really want to. Depends how nice your employer is I suppose.

I hope you can get to finish early. :hug:

thanks for your replies girls.
I guess i will just have to work another few weeks and hope i dont get too tired! I wish by boss was a little bit nicer!

I stopped working about 3 years ago....not maternity leave just very early "retirement" I suppose. :rotfl: I don't know how you ladies cope with working once you hit the later days of T3 I really don't, hats off to you I just don't think I'd cope I'm exhausted.

i started 21st june..... which worked out well with me i suppose cos baby arrived 26th june :cheer:

I finish the end of next week when I will be 37 weeks. I can't wait. I was originally planning on working til 38 or 39 weeks but am knackered so delighted only have these last two weeks to go.

I am a bank Auxiliary nurse in the main hospital round here. All my shifts are booked over the internet and I choose the ward I work on and the hours I do. If I want time off then I don't have to book it off I just don't book any shifts.
As soon as I found out I was pregnant I stopped booking shifts because of all the nasty viruses and MRSA that go round.

I'm stopping this friday and sooo ready to finish.
I really hope you get to leave when you want, it's not like your boss hasn't had plenty of notice to think about getting a replacement.
Don't over do it, and take time off ill if you're feeling too worn out, keeping yourself well is the most important thing! :hug:

I had to stop when I was 16 weeks :(

I work with young offenders and young people in care, and because of the violent aspect and the fact we have to restrain, I was not allowed to continue. I have been sooooooo bored!!

But I couldnt be working now, I am knackered all the time and get that many pains!!

:hug: to those of you still working! :D

Piglet xx

My maternity leave starts on my due date, 5th Sept but I'm stopping work on 10th August because I've got annual leave to take first! I've got a few holidays booked in between now and 10th Aug, and only work 4 days a week (10.5 hours) so I've really only got 8 full days left at work. I'm looking forward to finishing but am making sure I've got things to do over the 4 weeks because I hate being bored!

Hope you get to stop soon flower - I don't have to stand all day; I wouldn't be able to stand all day xx

I'm still working! My lovely employer doesn't believe in maternity pay so I will get SMP only for the time I am off - which won't even pay my council tax bill let alone the mortgage.

I've got a 4hr simulator session tonight, a 2hr sim tomorrow and an end of work report to write, which I can do at home. It amuses me when I get to the sim and see the look of horror on the pilots' faces - I tell them not to thump their landings in too hard or it could start things off. I've never seen such smooth landings :lol: .

I did make a bit of a tactical error though when I got pregnant. Your grounded pay through pregnancy is determined by you last 3 months salary before you get pregnant (we get paid an hourly rate.) I didn't know this and had been on holiday twice in the preceding 3 months, so my pay was down a bit. What I should have done was overtime till it was coming out my ears! Then I would have earned I higher sum, and been able to take maternity leave at a bit more sensible time.

Aw Mayday you poor thing I am in the same boat I only get 6 weeks at 90% then the wonderful SMP which is rubbish and the reason I and working til 37 weeks but cos I've got SPD I physically can't go on any longer the loos are miles away from my desk and it takes me ages to walk out there.

I left at 30/31 weeks.. I had 4 weeks of annual leave to take beforehand so this week is my first actual week of 'maternity leave'. The commuting was doing me in more than my actual work was.

I'm stopping 2 weeks before my due date for the actual maternity leave but I've got 5 weeks of annual leave to take before that so I finish at the end of next week. :dance: I'm lucky that term has finished though cos I wouldn't have been able to go in and carry on. I'm working from home at the moment but I'm not getting much done as the SPD means I get very uncomfortable sat at my desk.

Wow! im amazed at how many of you have carried on working right until the end! it think that must take a lot of strength. i mean, just the thought of working up until 39 weeks exhausts me! Well done ladies for being such strong pregnant women! :D

i finish at the end of next week !! can't wait

I took maternity leave as early as i could which i think was 29 weeks but my last 3 weeks was annual leave. i did plan on working til 34/5 weeks but i was working with people with learning disabilities who were liable to be violent at times and i just felt more and more vulnerable. i also had to do a long shift once or twice a week where i'd work 3pm-10.30pm, sleep ( :eek: like thats possible on a crappy futon with baby kicking all night lol) over then do 7.30-3.00 the next day. i'm so glad i finished when i did lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back