when are your children in bed?

caz2008

Reaction score
hi im having tons of trouble with my 3yr old and bed time she just wont go to sleep ive tried allsorts but its not healthy the time she goes to bed at as she ends up back down stairs after hours of trying..

wat time are ur children in bed by?
wats a good time for a 3 yr old who goes to nursery in afternoon?

We've only recently started getting the kids to bed at a reasonable time now that Lydia has started nursery. They go to bed at 8.30, and Lydia gets up at 8am to be at school for 8.45am (Alex wakes up whenever he feels like it, usually around 10am)

If your daughter goes to nursery in the afternoon, not the morning, it's not SUCH a huge deal that she should go to bed early, but it's a good idea to get her into the habit of early to bed and early to rise because when she starts reception it will be a big change for her.

Lydia sometimes prats around and doesn't go to sleep at all though and gets out of bed

I put my 2 youngest who are 3 and almost 2 to bed at 7pm every night. They usually wake between 6am and 7am regardless of what time I put them to bed.

All mine at 3 were in bed by 8pm max!
Dillon (my second son) would never go to sleep at this time, but we never let him back down the stairs! He would just lie in bed talking to himself or singing! I think if we would have let him get back up he would have done that every night and we would have had a very hard time with him!

Alastair 7pm

Sophie 730pm

They both normally wake about 6-7am in the morning :D

Raf's still young so it varies from 7pm-10pm most nights :bored:
At the moment he wants feed every 3 or 4 hours anyway!

DD goes up to bed at 7pm and has a routine of stories, chats, toilet visit (we always try for a wee!) and then a cuddle. Sometimes she has a bath in which case we go up earlier than 7pm.

We've done this routine or a form of it for years and it's always worked really well, if she prats about then she misses out on having a story.

We recently got her a lamp with a switch on the cable so she can turn the light on/off by herself which has helped as she likes to read stories to her teddies before she goes to bed which we don't mind, she is usually asleep before 8pm.

Last edited:
My two are 6 months and 3 and both go to bed at 7.15 for story (eldest) then lights out. :D

my LO is in bed for 6:50 every night and is asleep by 7pm... but shewill get up at 7am regardless of whether she went at 7,8,9 or 10 xx

Iz has her bottle at about 6.30 and is in bed for 7pm. Beth goes up to brush her teeth at 7.30 and is allowed to look at a book until 8pm, then its time for sleep :sleep: at weekends we let her stay up a bit later, but we got her a TV for xmas so she can get in bed a watch a DVD (so she has a late night, but she's still upstairs out of the way :lol: )

kellie80 said:
I put my 2 youngest who are 3 and almost 2 to bed at 7pm every night. They usually wake between 6am and 7am regardless of what time I put them to bed.

same. 7 on weeknights, 8 at weekends. They wake at the same time regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back