When are you planning on buying baby items?

kayzee

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

Was just wondering When everyone is planning on starting to buy baby bits? Or if you have already?

I have nearly all of tias things already, but i saw a bargain yesterday in tescos i couldnt refuse. They have all the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and sterilser,breast pump etc all half price!!!! :D

I couldnt refuse, the steriliser is the micro wave/cold water combi one and comes with 3 bottles,teats.tongs and brush was only £9.99 instead of £20, and i also got a pack of 3 closer to nature bottles with teats for £4.99 instead of a tenner, Im well chuffed. I might go back and get the breast pump which is only £12.50 instead of £25.

Has anyone else started buying yet? xx

We didn't buy anything until we found out the sex at 20 weeks......both our mum's had bought bits and bobs prior to this, but we wanted to know the sex before buying anything! :D

wow Kayzee, great discounts!! We won't be buying anything until the 1st scan when we get to the 2nd tri for obvious reasons. Although in saying that, I have 2 baby grows & a baby book of firsts in my bottom drawer :wink:

All I have bought is a pregnancy book and the doppler to listen to heartbeat I will start buying after scan as I dont want to jinx myself. This is my first ever pregnancy and I can't wait to buy I just have a look for now xx

i still aint brought anything, im not buying anything till im over 30 weeks :)

next time i come up and visit you are going to have to take me into your tescos! it always has so much better deals than mine!!!

Ive saved the bulk of alices stuff so if its a girl we are sorted ;) We are going to find out the sex so we will start buying stuff then :cheer:

I want to wait until after my scan if i can to make sure everything is all ok and well :)

Flossy82 said:
I want to wait until after my scan if i can to make sure everything is all ok and well :)
i agree :D

I've just started buying the odd thing and I'm nearly 16weeks. First 14weeks I barely made it from home - work - home, last thing I wanted to do was shop :puke: but now I feel marginally better I've been looking at stuff :)

I'm planning on getting the mad leopard print outdoor suit from mothercare lol, never thought I would be the type of person to humilliate my child but the more pics the better - gives me leverage when he/she is a cheeky sod of a teenager :D :lol:

shesmurf said:
I've just started buying the odd thing and I'm nearly 16weeks. First 14weeks I barely made it from home - work - home, last thing I wanted to do was shop :puke: but now I feel marginally better I've been looking at stuff :)

I'm planning on getting the mad leopard print outdoor suit from mothercare lol, never thought I would be the type of person to humilliate my child but the more pics the better - gives me leverage when he/she is a cheeky sod of a teenager :D :lol:

Good thinking :rotfl:

We were given loads from my best mate so have a canny few bits... ive also bought bits and bobs and bought my pram the other sunday as it was too good a deal to miss!!

MrsBrightside said:
We were given loads from my best mate so have a canny few bits... ive also bought bits and bobs and bought my pram the other sunday as it was too good a deal to miss!!

Wow! That's organised! :D

I haven't brought anything yet - I'm too scared to jinx it!

Since I was spotting for over a week I think I'll wait until after my scan on 1st Oct. But saying that, yesterday I made a list of what I need (I'm a huge list-maker and my friends were surprised I hadn't done it already!)

moresmiles said:
I haven't brought anything yet - I'm too scared to jinx it!

Since I was spotting for over a week I think I'll wait until after my scan on 1st Oct. But saying that, yesterday I made a list of what I need (I'm a huge list-maker and my friends were surprised I hadn't done it already!)

You sound like me :lol: I could easily make a list today then scrap it and tomorrow do another one :wall: lol

kaybee said:
MrsBrightside said:

Wow! That's organised! :D

Im addicted to making lists so im in my element :lol:

Well i went and bought the breast pump to go with the bottles today, £12.50 instead of £25, i noticed they also had the steam sterilser for the closer to nature bottle system and it was £19.99 instead of £40, im tempted but we live in a hard water area and ive heard of people having trouble with limescale problems. When i had tia, i bought her pram wheni was only 6 weeks :D xx

I'm waiting until my scan at least.
Then we have already been offered loads of stuff from various people so I will start by accepting their kind offers so I know what I actually need.
The only definite things I want from new are car seat/ travel system which my Mum has already said she'll get (1st grandchild!) and a cot (though that can wait until its out of moses basket which i have about 3 offers of!
Then I am addicted to freecycle so Im sure i will pick up some bits and pieces from there!
Although I probably wont have to buy many clothes thanks to hand-me-downs, i can't wait to buy a couple of newborn outfits!

Ill be leaving it till well after my 12 wk scan probably nearer 20 wks

I will probably wait until after christmas when I will be about 20 weeks-ish, knowing me though I will prob wait longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back