When are you finishing work?

laura-82

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just wondering when you all plan on finishing work, how many weeks before your due date?

I was thinking maybe 3 weeks before but then SIL butted in saying you won't want to leave it that late, I finished 7 weeks before.

With my DD I planned in working until 34 weeks, but she came early at 33 weeks.

Now I'm working from home so when I go back to work I won't be leaving LO so can do it at 6 mths rather than making the most of 9 mths. For that reason I'm finishing work as early as I can which is 29 weeks.

And I can't wait!! :cheer:

Next Friday is my last day :cheer: and I will be 37 weeks. But the last few weeks I have found it a struggle so for the last 2 weeks I am doing half days so leaving at 1 which is making it so much easier, I can go home and have a little nap every afternoon :D

i left at 29 weeks mainly because i was on my feet all the time and i had a wedding to plan as well

Is your boss flexible and do you have much leave? I booked my maternity leave to start at 38.5 weeks (our rules say it has to be a sunday). In reality I used leave to finish at 38weeks and took odd days leave in the last few weeks. As I was finding it hard going. However my boss was very understanding (she has 4 children herself). As long as you have a flexible boss I would go for a late date, as if LO arrives early then your maternity leave starts as soon as they do.

I'm going on maternity leave 2 weeks before :shock: but i have 3 weeks leave to take first :D

my due date is 5 April and I think I will schedule maternity leave to start a week or two before then but take my six weeks annual leave before that!!!!

I know it is a long way off but i am hoping to work up to 38 weeks if not longer. depends how i feel i guess. I would rather have time of after but then again being only 5 weeks i still have plenty of time to change my mind!!!!

I'm officially starting my maternity leave on Fri 2nd Nov - I'll be 37 + 1. But I have about 3 weeks annual leave to take, so I am having every Mon & tues off work from now until 2nd Nov :D

I'm working until just over 2 weeks before I'm due. I hope I can survive that long because I've only got 3 days holiday left until then :lol:

I finished at 28 weeks, because I hadnt enough service to claim any company mat leave, plus its allowed me to spend a little more time with my 2yr old.

Think a lot of it depends on the type of job you do along with how good/bad your amployer is :)

i'm hoping to finish at christmas,

i have 2 weeks hols to take after that which will put me 4 weeks before my due date which is when i was hoping to finish anyway.

i have only 12 weeks to work......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back