• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wheezy baby :-(

jodied

Reaction score
Not sure how to describe this but over night Ella seemed to have a bad throat/chest and be wheezy. She was v reluctant to stay lying on her back in her Moses basket as that seemed to make her struggle breathing/clearing her throat. She ended up being cuddled on my/hubby's chest most of the night as she seemed to be able to sleep that way. Obviously didn't out her on her front in Moses basket as all advice is that they must be on their backs!

Any ideas on what this is (just a cold type problem?) and how to help her? :-(

Thanks xx

It could be just a cold but i would keep a eye on it.

When my daughter was a baby she would not sleep on her back used to scream all the time HV told me to put her on her belly and to just keep a eye on her.
A couple of months later i noticed she would (as best as i can describe it ) hold her breath at night i mentioned this to my HV and she referred her to the doc who diagnosed her with asthmatic tendencies.
Being asthmatic myself i know why she was screaming when on her back as it really does hurt

I'd say ask ur doc/hv/mw if still comes about suggestions. It coil be just a cold, but because of her age def keep an eye on her. If you can try and slightly elevate her Moses basket at night. I'm asthmatic and when it play mr up lyig on my back is horrendous!
If ur worried at all, or he has a temp/decreased feeds etc, so straight to a hosp as they dont mess around with such small ones x

hey sorry to hijack your thread but j is doing the same hes become very wheezy......like when he breathes in its almost like he doing it harder and we can hear this funny noise as well........wev opened windows all the time to aerate the house, iv scrubbed his room in case it was any dust or something but othing as helped.....im just worried it could be asthma......my brother was regstered disabled from asthma and so i know its a serious chance j might have it ( ihad it as well) and so you dot thingk it could be that do you?? x

I'd say a possibility sqeakz!
How old is ur lo now? In my opinion, cian is asthmatic. I know the signs, I've got it so increased chance anyway.
But because of their age, doctors don't treat asthma as such... But they treat the symptoms they have. Complete pain in the arse.
Squeakz if ur lo is wheezing a lot, watch their chest every now and then. Do u have an inhaler for them by any chance? If u don't, or even f u do but it doesn't work, and they start sucking underthe ribs, or so u can see all the ribs go in when they breathe, or it looks like the skin is being sucked in at the front of the collar bone, take them to hosp as it's a sign of serious respiratory distress
Xx

ok thanks leanne! J is 7 months on tues.....we're gona take him to the drs to get it checked and make sure its not on his chest.....dont have an inhaler, they never listened to us when i told them about my brother being disabled and me having it so when he does cough thye ignore it.......we have appt with a briliant dr i have literally oly found a couple of weeks ago but im going to insist that its something to look out for. im aware he prob will have it as his medical health tkes a lot after my brother........so....we'll see thanks for replying. he breathes through his stomach a lot now as well but doesnt seem in himself to be 'struggling' if you get me, its just h has a very audible wheeze!

Agai thanks for replying and im sorry to have hijacked the thread!!
xx

I've been doing some research and think Ella could be suffering from silent reflux - I'm popping into scbu to drop off a card on tue so will ask their advice - I've heard you can be prescribed powdered ga is on if it is that x

Oliver had a cold and you could hear his chest rattle when he breathed and he would choke at night lying on his back. We raised his head up a bit in his basket, used saline drops for his nose, put obas oil on his blanket and the doc prescribed antibiotics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back