what's your budget for LO's this year?

I can't believe the price of Barbie dolls now! I remember being a little girl looking through the index or Argos catalogue and writing my Christmas list, I always took note of the price, it was like £9.99 for a Barbie doll, and a decent one at that!! These days they have gone really cheap and tacky looking and cost anywhere from £40-£60!!!!! Why!!!! The cost of living hasn't increased that much in 16 years surely!!!! X

Alice will be 11 month and we are spending about £50 on her, she is too young to know/ care or appreciate any of it so i think its enough because she gets stuff all year round. x

My OH has just had a lovely bonus so we're spending £300 each on our 3 kids (6, 4 and 2) and then putting about £700ish into their bank accounts.

We don't have a budget as such, but we're not spending excessive amounts. Ours are 12 year old daughter and 1 year old baby boy. We'll just go through their lists, and get bits, and ask family members for the remaining bits, we don't have large amounts of spare money, it's more about our family all getting together, than the amount of presents they have to open tbh.xx

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

About £150-£200

An indoor ride on train n track £80.00
Set of Disney 'maters' £25.00
Mr potato head £15.00
Books - about £30.00 worth
Then some clothes about £30-50

My son will be 2 this week x

£100 for Kaiden he will be 12 weeks at Xmas. 2 Stepsons £150.00 each.xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have spent about £150 ish but that is between lo birthday and Xmas and I started early so it doesn't seem a lot iykwim

I don't do a budget I just do a list of what I think he would like and pick it up, I start in June-July to make sure I'm covered lol couldn't do it otherwise.. C and I go half on his toys and clothes x

We get a lot of daughters bits second hand, have got her main presant (vtec rocking chair) and her stocking with books,dvd's and toys for under £40, we are also going on a buget xmas break to bultins for £60 its 3 nights seeing there winter wonderland :) feel a tight ass now but we don't have a lot of spare money x

I got my Daughters main present for free with Tesco clubcard vouchers :D I had £50 and I doubled them up and got her a mountain bike in the sale for £100, so basically it cost me my vouchers lol.

Apart from that I have spent about £150 on her, she is 12 and the older they get the smaller the gifts get and the more they cost!

My son's are just getting some cash in an envelope, probably £50 each because they are older now and have jobs of there own so they have much more spare cash than I do! I might get them both a onesie though just for a laugh if I have some more money!

When my kids were little though I could fill the living room floor up for less than £100! lego wagons, train sets, trikes and pushchairs were so cheap and so huge lol xxx

I've spent 75 on Alfie and only about 40 on Stanley. Alfie's dad will go mad on him and Stanley is still only young. But will have plenty! I'm betting Stanley is going to more interested in the food that will be around this year than his presents lol x

Well Doodles is FINALLY finished, our budget went out the window straight away. We've spent around the £500 mark on him I'd say plus gifts from family. I am kind of regretting it now as that would have gone a long way to the Disney fund & half the stuff isn't going to get played with. But we live & learn. Next year is a maximum of £250 as we're taking him to Disney for his birthday beginning of December x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back