what's your budget for LO's this year?

If we can get it all for between £50-75 I'll be happy. She's about 2.5 this year and we're going to try and get her main present second hand. Everyone in the family always gets her presents so she'll just get a Santa present and 2 or 3 from me and OH. Last year she had too many!

my lg will be 5 months. £50 on
presents and 50into her savings account

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

My LO will be 20 weeks and we've spent about £250 so far :( yikes. Didn't realise it was so much till I added it up x

My 2 dd are 10 & 8 and I spend £1000 on them.
X

I haven't really got a budget as we buy things when we see them. We have spent around £130 on my LO who will be 3 months old at Xmas but that includes a £110 jumperoo! We will probably spend around another £50 on him getting him rattles/little toys etc as he is so young he won't know it's Xmas!

We've spent around £100 ony 5yr old son so far, will probably spend another £100-150 on him.

For DD1 - Its about £400. She is 14 so her stuff costs more lol
DD2 - Its about £300.
DD3 - Its about £250-300
DS1 - Its about £150 - he's only 2 so his stuff is a lot cheaper!

I start buying in July, to spread out the cost and I also do park love to shop vouchers.

For DD1 - Its about £400. She is 14 so her stuff costs more lol
DD2 - Its about £300.
DD3 - Its about £250-300
DS1 - Its about £150 - he's only 2 so his stuff is a lot cheaper!

I start buying in July, to spread out the cost and I also do park love to shop vouchers.

I deffo agree that they cost more as they get older! :) xx

Yep! I've just reserved 2 netbooks for the older girls. I'm fed up of them nicking mine and fighting over it and the pc has had it's day!

No idea this year I've bought bits over the past 4/5 months but did have her birthday as well.
I'm planning for the next few years for a budget of £100 but hoping some of that to be cash into her bank account

I dont thinkI have a budget as such, I will just get him what I want!! I wud say I have spent 200+ but want to get him a more main present as well, he is going to be 11 months!!
xxx

We dont have a budget, he is 3 but we do end up spending around £500 , we save for him monthly in his account so dont top that up any extra either xx

so glad I'm not the only one that goes mad :lol: We've been picking bits up over the year & so far we've spent over £270 & there's still more to get :shock: x

I will continue to buy right up until Christmas eve lol.

I always say that I've finished, but then I see something else. I never get into debt for it though. I always use savings or spread out the cost. My mum has got into terrible trouble in the past by buying everything on credit.

My LO will be 20 weeks and we've spent about £250 so far :( yikes. Didn't realise it was so much till I added it up x

Omg what have u brought x

:( ooopppssss! My OH would kill me.
Iv got him some 6month + toys from ELC not loads, like 5 toys.
2 books.
A barcalona strip (OH fave team)
A new winter jacket, a hat and pair of trousers.
Oh and a wee set of bath toys that were like £1.99... :( and iv ordered him a lovely hungry caterpillar handmade blanket! Ouch!xx

I feel a right tightarse now :lol: mine will be 3&4 at Xmas and my max budget will be 100 combined! They play with all the same toys anyway so there's not a lot of point doing separate presents! Their birthdays are this month too, we've budgeted 60 each for that!

I have a set budget depending on age.
My 14 year old is between £350-£400, my 10 year old is between £250-£300, the two 4 year olds are £200 each and the baby will get little bits and bobs.
I have a direct debit that goes directly to a Christmas savings account that I have so I know I always have enough by November to start my shopping, that way I don't notice it x

I went shopping yesterday and was well shocked at the price of some things this year, I budget £50 for a main gift and then whatever else after that for a few good toys & then stocking fillers, got ds birthday & party on 8th of December too and bubs on the way 0.o already feel absolutely skint this year :(

Iv been really shocked at prices too! As a rule, I don't buy toys thru the year unless they're really needed! They get birthday, Xmas and Easter, So I don't really go in toy shops. I was just so bloody surprised at how much things actually cost! OH reckons you can get loads for £60, think he's in for a surprise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back