• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

whats you baby sleeping in ? advise please!

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
tonight the temp says 27 in babes room, cant leave window open , where ground floor as his bedroom at the front .

his been in a bodysuit till now and he feels sweaty ! usually id put a gro bag or sleepsuit on now for the night ! but im thinking for first time ever to just put a lil romper on , be the first time his feet ahve been uncovered tho !

now remmeber lelands cant let heat escape from his head am i doing right ? should i put socks 0on :oops:

whjats ur lil ones in tonight ?

cally is just in her short pj's and no cover. if she gets cold i just pop a thin blanket on her

Monitor says 26degrees in the room tonight...

LO is just in normal PJ's no covers, will pop a very thin cover over him when I go to bed, as the temp drops over the night - window open.

Your LO will be fine in that. dont worry, im sure his toes wont get cold, not in a room thats that warm!!

past 2 nights Alex has been sleeping in just a t-shirt (and nappy obviously). Usually he goes in a sleepsuit but it's way too hot for that at the moment.

Haydens room says 28 but i don't trust that thermometer it always says too warm..
he is just in a nappy with a sheet at the moment, but i'll check him before i go to bed might give him
a thin cellular blanket in case he gets too cold! or put a vest on!

LO is in her short sleeved open toed sleepsuit, no cover.

Window is open so like others I'll check her when I go to bed.

I did have him in just a sleep suit but i changed him into a short sleeved romper suit and he has a light covering. ive shut the window tho cos we are right by a main road and it disturbs him if ambulances go by. but i have my bedroom window, kitchen window and living room window open. dam triple glazing is great for keeping the noise down but a bugger in the summer!!!

A short sleeved romper suit with the window wide open and he is still sweaty in the night. :wall:

Why don't you have a fan? it doesn't even have to be on him, just to cool the room down.

We have an air conditioner in the living room and mange to cool Kai's room down quite a bit by positioning the fan in the right place so he has all of the cool air in his room.

a thin sleepsuit and no cover and window open.i will check him later and put a sheet over him if hes cool.

babsi said:
Why don't you have a fan? it doesn't even have to be on him, just to cool the room down.

I am going to put my science hat on now. A fan DOES NOT COOL THE ROOM DOWN. All it does is move air around (so it can be useful if positioned near the window to encourage cooler air from outside to come in - this only works if there is a temperature gradient though). In fact a fan is liable to INCREASE THE TEMPERATURE because it consumes electricity and turns it into heat energy. Feel the fan after it's been on 10 minutes - it will be warm.

The reason fans make you FEEL cooler is because they evaporate the moisture off your skin - which is the reason human beings sweat too.

I'm such a geek :rotfl:

We've got the window open and a fan on and it's still too hot in our room at the moment. Also Sophie ends up in our bed half the night having feeds as I tend to drop off so I've been leaving her in just a nappy and putting a doubled up cellular blanket over her in the cot, she tends to kick it off though. On slightly cooler nights I've been putting her in a vest. I check her regularly and she's not cold so this seems to be the best way for us at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back