• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

whats ur routine

jodie_honey

Reaction score
hi just wonderin what ur routine is, abigail has been out of one for ages n its been a nightmare...however she has just sort of slotted herself into one, she gets up ay 7/8am and has breastfast then at 10 she has a bottle n a half hour nap then she has dinner at 12 and then a bottle at 2 and sleeps for 2.5 hours then she has her tea at 5 and then sleeps for half hour at 6.30, she goes to bed at 8:30 and sleeps til 7/8am.
its goin pretty well id say. she sort of got herself into it.

routine??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

connor goes to bed at about 9pm.

that's the only thing that we've got! it suits us though - he rarely naps during the day and he usually gets up when we do. i've tried to instigate a more rigid structure to our day, but it just doesn't work.

My DS kind of fell into his too...

Up at 8am, bottle.
Sleep at half 9
Up at half 11
bottle at 12
Sleep at 2
Up at 4
Bottle at 4
Bottle half 7
Bed 8

:) That about covers us

Haha, routine??? We go to bed at 9pm. She gets up in the night, never at the same time. Awake at 6am, feed then sleep. That's it. She eats when it suits. Sleeps when it suits.

Callum just has his own......

Sleeps until 7am/7.30am
Change/wash
Give expressed milk......until around 9am
Awake for about an hour and 10am falls asleep

2pm.. wakes for feed
Breastfeed...
3pm usually falls asleep on the breast

Wake at around 7pm..
Bath...
Expressed bottle...
Read story and bed
Until morning

We don't really have routine in the day- Evie naps every now and then... but most of the day she just plays! She goes to bed around 7pm and normally wakes up about 7.30am :)

Wakes up at 7:30 has milk with Daddy
Back to bed at 8:00 awake for 9:30
Breakfast of porridge (New since today)

Bottle at 11:00-11:30
Lunch between 1:00 and 1:30
Sleep until 3:30 - 4:00

Bottle and a Rice Cake/Fruit/Bread or Half a Rusk
Dinner at 6:00
Bath, Bottle, Story with Daddy then off to sleep listening to lullabyes for 8:30

She formed this routine herself really, it really suits us. I'm so pleased with it :D

Austin's a bit older and we haven't got a strict routine but it's something like:

Some time between 6.30 & 8am - wake up, beaker of milk & bowl of dry cereal (usually cheerios!) in front of CBeebies/milkshake (I know I'm a terrible mother :D )

Rest of morning - run around like a mad thing, lots of playing, quiet time for a while with mummy (usually read a book/drawing). Sometimes toast to eat mid morning if we get hungry.

Lunch - sometime between 12 & 1.30 depending on how hungry & tired he is. Usually a sandwich or beans on toast, sometimes pasta.

Afternoon - usually out somewhere, even just a walk to the shops. Often round to Auntie Jess's house or down the park. Fruit snack mid afternoon, and occasionally milk if he asks for it. He will usually sleep for 1-2 hours during the afternoon.

Dinner at about 6pm - whatever we have.

Bedtime - in the bath for 8pm. Then teeth, story & milk, then to bed (by 9pm). Straight to sleep ready for another big day.

Up at 6am for a feed. Back to sleep till 8.30/9ish.

Feed between 9 and 10.

Feed between 12 and 1.

Feed between 3 and 4

Sometimes a snacky feed at 6pm

Last feed at 7-7.30 and down for the night.

Now she's started waking when we go to bed at about half 10 all smiles and giggles but goes back to sleep when the light goes out :lol: .

Fill in the gaps in the day with outings, playing, occasional naps (not usually more than an hour) stories etc.

7am: Boob and up
9am: Breakfast and cup of boob juice
11am: more boob juice in a cup
11:30am: nap time
1pm: lunch and and boob juice in a cup
3pm: Mummy comes home boob and nap
5pm: boob
6pm: Dinner
7pm: boob and bed
12am: boob
4am: boob

Note: there is much boob action going on... gives a whole new meaning to boobie monster :rotfl:

She gets put in her cot at 7pm and she gets herself off between 7-7.30pm the is awake between 7am - 8am and thats about the only routine she has ooo dinner at 6pm but thats it :lol: when i go back to work i will get her in one but she likes it as it is atm :D

Have I got the only baby who doesn't sleep through the night? :rotfl:

debecca said:

At the moment we get up 2 or 3 times. Used to just be 5am!

Cooper goes to sleep around 9, he wakes 1.30, 330, 5am for feeds, wakes around 9. Then feeds and naps when he wants throughout the day. xx

We don't have a timed routine, just that he goes to bed no later than 8pm wakes at between 7-8am for first feed of the day, then play and nap, feed 4 hours later, play nap, feed 4 hours later, play and nap, feed 4 hours later,

So he has 4 8oz feeds a day and sleeps 12 hours through the night and between 1&2 hour naps during the day :dance:

I have a sort of routine but it changes depending on kys mood and what he wants to do.

Wake up usually at 6am (although today it was 5.15! :sleep: ) bottle straight away

Breakfast 8.30ish then a nap some time around 9ish usually for a couple hours. if hes tired later in the morning then he might have another bottle to help him go off.

Lunch anywhere between 12 and half 1 he'll tell me when hes hungry. He'll have a nap some time in between normally for another 2 hours.

Tea between 4 and 5

Bath between 7 and half past. then a bottle and bed. hes always crashed by 8pm.

he normally wakes up a couple times in the night coz his dummy has fallen out :doh: but goes straight back off when i put it back in and usually has a bottle around 3am.

The rest of the day is filled with tantrums, pooping, shouting, screaming da da da, trying to grab the cat, going to the shops or a walk, the usual baby stuff! :)

debecca said:

Nope im with you Rebecca, Maia is no where near sleeping through.

She used to be up at 3am then 6/7am, but this week shes started waking at 3am then 5am and 7am.

If you'd have asked me yesterday if Fi had a routine i'd have said NO but actually it seems she does! She was out a little later tonight and so didn't have her bath at half 8 like usual and she started screaming until i got her home and into the bath! So it goes like this:

Get up about 9-10am depending on mummy and what the plans for the day are
Feed and dress
11am nap for 30 min (mummy jumps in the shower)
feeds and play
3pm nap
feeds and play
6am hour nap
8pm nappy-off and naked time
then bath
milk
story and bed for 9pm

she has been known to sleep from 9pm-6:30am... but sometimes she will wake at about 2am and 5 am.
Then at 6-7am ish she will have a feed and sleep with mummy for a couple of hours...

we got theo in to a routine from day 2. it was such hard work the first 2 nights, me and OH were both soooo tired we found ourselves tired,tearful and ittitable! we follow Gina Fords Routine. she is brilliant and it works1 i'd defo recomend getting her book "contented little baby" complete sleep guide

our routine is:

7am wake up
7am-7:30 Feed
8:30 Nap time
10am wake up
10am-10:30 Feed
11:30 Nap time
2pm Wake Up
2:30 Feed
4pm Nap Time
5pm Wake up
5:30pm 1/2 Feed
6pm Bath time
Massage
Story
6:30pm 1/2 Feed
7pm Bed Time
10pm Awake
10-11pm Feed
11pm Sleep
2am Awake
2-3am Feed
3am Sleep
7am Awake

its brilliant! theo is only 11days old and he only wakes up once in the night for 1 hr to have a full feed. and he's bac off to sleep again! its lovely beucase in the day time he is so happy and awake and alart during his "awake" times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back