Whats Happening!!??!!

Lol - will do

Hope she is ok. I had to take Heidi to hospital last week as she had a rash. I thought she might be allergic to my Mum as she was looking after her that day! Anyway, I was worried so I rang NHS Direct and they told me to get her checked out at the hospital.

Beleive it or not that was a viral infection they said - which was a tummy bug - I cant beleive how similar our little ones are!!??!!! :shock:

Im sure she will be fine. Let us know how you get on

L x

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

She had a rash???
Well, Maheen HAS a rash! it's like patches at certain places, on her arms, on her face (eyelid) and neck! and a little bit down there! :oops:

What did they do at the hospital to check what it was?
Please tell me, so I can tell the GP tomorrow, if he doesn't seem to know what she has!
Did heidi have the greenish liquidish poo as well?
Indeed, our little girls are very similar! :shock: that's spooky!

Mel xx

Weird Mel :shock: :shock:

I never got round to posting about it - wish I had of now! It was a patchy type rash and it was almost everywhere - it was slightly raised and when I put a glass to it (to check it wasnt Meninjitus) I couldnt tell for sure if it had disappeard or not.

And yes she had very greenish poo that morning

The hospital just said that babies do come out in a rash if they have a virul infection and to just keep an eye on her (especially if her breathing becomes difficult??!!! :shock: - what sort of statement is that!?? OF COURSE i would be straight back down there ! - honnestly :roll:

So it maybe that Maheen has a virus? Your doctor should definatly be able to tell I would of thought?

L x

sorry to go on and on, Lisa, but what is the link between rashes and miningitus??

thanks for the info!!!
Mel xx

melhoney said:
miningitus??

Lol Mel - your spelling is as good as mine!!!! :D

A rash is one of the symptons of Meningitus (still cant spell it lol) and apparatnly if you put a glass to it and look through it and you can still see the rash, then it might be meningitus. If it dispaears (the rash!) it means its likely its not meningitus.

L x

Oh Thanks for that! I did not know!!!
Am gonna try... Hope it disappears!!!
Mel xx

Hope you didnt find anything with the rash!? Let us know what Doc says tommorow

L x

Hi ladies

Just thought I would tell you that Olivia has also had patches of a rash for about the past 10 days now... I think it's worse after we have been to MIL's house - her perfume is all over her clothes and I am sure it irritates Olivia (it certainly irritates me !).

The HV saw it today and has prescribed Hydrocortisone ointment so I'll pick up the prescription tomorrow and let you know. Olivia's are wee red spots, not very big and are in wee patches over her neck and some on her body.

Lucy

Oh no Lucy!

The question is...Are you going to say something to MIL? :lol:

The question is...Are you going to say something to MIL? :lol:

Absolutely! Olivia stinks of her perfume when she's been holding her... even after I've given her a bath the scent is still there :shock: I'm going to use those magic words..... "The doctor has advised me...."

Oh by the way Lisa and Mel, I was mistaken, it's diprobase cream not hydrocortison like I said yesterday (hydrocortisone is a steriod cream, I was confused because the HV was going on about that cream as well!)

How did the docs go Lisa?

Lucy

Hi Lucy

Well I was told the rash was a viral infection (and Heidi did have green poo and was genearlly unwell). BUT, its seems a bit of a coincedence to me that she always gets a rash when she has been with my Mum.

Mum looked after her for an hour yesterday whilst I nipped into work and when I got back she had it on her tummy! so she might be allergic to her grandma I reckon! :shock: I did ask my Mum last time what washing powder she used - and she said she was going to change it, to use what we use (which is tesco non-bio and that has been ok!)

Were Olivias spots / rash quite dry? Heidi's where. Like little tiny red spots but the whole patch was quite dry.

This is what happened with the reflux (I've copied it from the reflux post- if this is what ur asking about the docs?!!)

" Well, decided to go chemist as I wont get appointment at docs for ages no doubt. Well she was as about as helpful as a chocolate teapot - she had no idea and said the Doctor probably woudlnt think to ask about what milk I am using for Heidi!?? - so we have to do their job for them now do we!!???? So tootled off to the docs and they were shut for lunch

I have decided it "SOD IT" lol and I am going to a mother and baby clinic on friday so will see if the HV has anymore useless information that may save me going back docs.

I am sure you cant use gaviscon and Omeno though, but I dont want to switch milks again as that will be the 3rd time we have done it and this Omneo milk really suits her and she has been loads more settled (apart from the retching) since using it. She has stopped bringing her knees up in pain and going red in the face and she has just settled so much better on it.

I wouldnt mind swopping so much - but how long was the doc thinking of me using gaviscon for?!?? Because if it is only a short-term thing I dont want to swop milks back to Cow and Gate Premium, just so I can use the gaviscon because the Omeno is the best one we have used so far bloody hell, why is it so complicated !!??????

Will have to see what they say on Friday."

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back