Sleeping on boob

port7

Reaction score
Anyone got this?

Our little Niamh, is a fussy sod at night. So we have a bath at about 9.30pm, then try and feed at 10, but she is falling to sleep about 1min after latching on, so we put her in moses basket and she wakes up after 5mins crying. This is repeated till about 3am when she finaly stays in the basket.

She is only 6 weeks, and was OK for up till about a week ago, i.e. long feed after bath and then long sleep till 4am.

Anyone got any advice? We want her to feed long and sleep long or are we expecting too much?

Hi; Gabriella falls asleep on the boob some nights and I gently stroke her back which gets her feeding again.

Sometimes she is really sleeping and I have to frequently stroke her back.

Hope you find a solution and she gets back into her routine :D

Apparantley sleep problems peak at 6-8 weeks so hopefully this is a glitch! We have our own prob with Leorah not sleeping in her cot until 11pm every night even though she's tired and ratty :wall:

My HV said the more you try and force your baby to get down and sleep the more they fight you. Perhaps you could try feeding her earlier and then let her fall into a deep sleep and then put her down. Its only a suggestion I still haven't found anything to work exept putting her down in her pram for sleep! I am just hoping as she matures she will realise she's tired and needs to go to bed earlier.

I can promise it gets better though! It has already improved loads in our house :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back