whats happened to my Tummy... (with pic)

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
ok this is really wierd, and i dunno if its just mine, so posting hehe...

the bottom of my bump stretched loads (gettin lots of stretchies ) but now its turned to flab, literally? i can get a roll from it lol..plus my bumps gone smaller not bigger, and i'm 38weeks?...

bit worried what it may be? i've had alot more pressure under ribs, with more heartburn?
he was 2/5th's engaged when last checked..

any ideas girls? xx slightly worried baby has turned or something?
36wkto38wksmaller.jpg

Could well be that bubs has changed position - my bump would change shape according to where her body was - it was huge if her back was against my belly her bum was very obvious and the midwife even exclaimed "whoa, that'll be a bum then!" :lol:. Kicks were much less obvious when she was like thisbut I could feel them inside IYKWIM. My bump was much smaller when she was side on or back-to-back - there were legs and stuff all over the place! She was all over the place right up until I was in labour but she never flipped from head down at any point.

Hope that's of some help!

daftscotslass said:
Could well be that bubs has changed position - my bump would change shape according to where her body was - it was huge if her back was against my belly her bum was very obvious and the midwife even exclaimed "whoa, that'll be a bum then!" :lol:. Kicks were much less obvious when she was like thisbut I could feel them inside IYKWIM. My bump was much smaller when she was side on or back-to-back - there were legs and stuff all over the place! She was all over the place right up until I was in labour but she never flipped from head down at any point.

Hope that's of some help!
thanks for reply hun, yeh my middy says "hats his bum" lol hes always sticking it out at pple hehe...
what does IYKWIM mean? sorry for being thick xx

daftscotslass said:
Could well be that bubs has changed position!
Miss Evie did that!! Changed position.. My bump went a bit flabby underneath too! xx

IYKWIM means: If you know what I mean :hug:

dannii87 said:
daftscotslass said:
Could well be that bubs has changed position!
Miss Evie did that!! Changed position.. My bump went a bit flabby underneath too! xx

IYKWIM means: If you know what I mean :hug:
Hello miss Evies mummy hehe..

thanks for reply hun...
i can feel alot more pressure under my ribs, and HBurn whih hurts so much.. very strange..

i'm drinkin alot of Gaviscon, and i cant stand it lol xx

charlotteheys85 said:
lfc_sarah said:
Defo sounds like the baby has moved hun :)

it that a good or bad thing? i'm confused lol xx

That all depends on the position baby has moved into. If he's just not engaged any more and is still head down then you are ok. If baby is head up, you will be in for a more complicated delivery if baby doesn't do a monumental flip at the last moment. Vaginal birth of a breech baby is possible but is rarely recommended these days- often = C-section.

If baby has decided to lie transverse- across your belly with head and bum at either side then get ready for a stay in hospital! I had suspected transverse lie and suddenly found MW preparing me to stay in hosp for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy. If baby is transverse the umbilical cord can enter the birth canal ahead of baby or an arm or leg or bum can descend first causing major problems giving birth naturally. They like to keep you in hosp so the minute labour starts you can be monitored and baby is 100% safe. Thankfully my little monkey had gone back to being head down by the time they scanned me so I was allowed out! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back