What's essential?

mouse9210

Reaction score
I was wondering what you've bought that you think is an essential buy for the arrival of your baby?

I guess the obvious stuff is the buggy, cot and bedding, wash stuff and clothes etc...but I am just putting together a list of all the things we need to buy (pretty much everything! lol) and wondered what other people have in terms of 'must have' items?

Thanks ladies!!! :)

Hey hun, I think you have the big things but maybe think about:

A crib/Moses basket, some muslins, a few packs of nappies or reusables, cotton wool, something to wash the baby in, a changing mat, car seat....

I'm sure there are other things that I have not thought of!! Xx

Thanks KarateKid, I am putting together a list of things I need and am worried I'm going to forget something essential! lol

I have a moses basket, and bath and bathing stuff...I need all the toiletries, nappies, muslins, bottles, breast pump...argh....loads of stuff!!!

Have warned husband that a mammouth mothercare trip is in order and he'd better be ready to just keep saying 'yes' when I pick things up!!!

Some kind of changing bag (whether it be a normal bag or a specific changing bag), a chair/ bouncer for baby and a playmat. Other toys can come later!

Sounds like a random item - but a sling!!!
It's a god send if you have a LO who won't settle. We had one of those days today and I just put the moby on and still got tea made etc. xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Bottles just in case, I was fully planning on breast feeding but that went to pot when Riven wouldn't latch or suck.....

This is great - thanks!!! Hadn't even thought of a sling but sounds like a really good idea. And the bottles too - I really want to breast feed but hadn't thought about if this doesn't happen!

I was looking at those sleeping bags - any good do you reckon??

We have two sleeping bags hun, I a bit clueless about what we need for sleeping but I have a few cellular blankets, fleece blankets, swaddling pods and fitted sheets! I think it will be a case of trial and error to see what suits us and LO! It's crazy how much stuff there is for newborns!!

Sleeping bags are good for when babies start to wriggle! Before about 4 mths I didn't bother! Also something I would class as essential is a specific bottle cleaning brush as I used to wash my ds's bottles separately to everything else and the bottle brush doesn't get used for anything else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back