What would you do?

dita_parlo

Reaction score
Hey ladies, in a bit of a dilemma at the mo.

So next April it's my husband Pauls 30th birthday. Last night my dad told me that he has been granted his early retirement. Last year me and Paul went travelling and totally fell in love with S.E Asia and would LOVE to go back. Anyways, my dad told me last night that he wants to pay for me, Paul, my mum and himself to all go on a luxury holiday to S.E Asia for Paul's 30th next April. He says it would be totally down to me where we stay, where we go, what we do etc, he'll just pick up the bill (lovely daddy!). This is such a dream opportunity for us! I've wanted to do something special anyways for Pauls 30th as he is estranged from all his family, so we're all he has.

Anyways, we're TTC right? Well all I can think is, I would hope to have a baby by next April! Or at the very least be quite far pregnant! My dad wants to book the holiday in the next week as otherwise he has a tendency to just spend his money instead of save it! What would you do? I don't wanna put years of my life on hold just incase, but I definitely don't wanna put TTC on hold (We've been WTT for a year before TTC). I can't tell Paul as it's a surprise for him, I can't tell my parents cos Paul doesn't want anyone knowing we're TTC! Just unsure of what to do arrge!

:wall2:
What a dilemma!
It's so hard to know what to do!
In my heart, I don't think it will be long before you will be in the bfp section.
Especially as you don't have a problem getting pregnant, just been so sad that you have had to go through what you have.
That said, putting your life on hold is frustrating.
I wanted to go with my oh in June to Uganda, really wanted to, but didn't feel at peace and couldn't ignore it. I'm glad I haven't booked to go now, as I wouldn't be much use to anyone!
I would have been gutted though, if it came to it and I hadn't got my bfp.
so hard to know what to do.
How long until you are able to test?
x

I would book it, you are right, you cant put your life on hold for ttc - life is too short. Its an amazing opportunity, one you cant miss xxx

Book it. Opportunities like that dont come round very often and if you have a baba by then you will have to change things but at least you have a holiday to look forward to thats actually real. If you dont fall pg you will kick yourself you didnt do it. XXX

Dita this is a toughy!!
maybe hold off til testing this month and if BFN see it as a sign and book!! i would love to go on a holiday like that especially with daddy picking up the bill you lucky duck!!
if BFP then you will have to really look at if you could go with a new born in tow?!

toughy toughy decision - good luck x x

Hey girls thanks, I'm still not sure what to do, if BFN this month then I'd say to go for it. But I still will TTC until June-ish and if I get a BFP by then, will just see what happens. If still BFN by June then we'd have to put TTC off until about December I think! I'm still in 2 minds though over what to do! Decisions decisions!

I'd stall for time. Tell your parents you want some time to research all the holiday options properley and that some of the best holiday deals don't come out more than a year in advance but if you could work out a rough budget and get your dad to put it in a separate account or something.

I would book it. :) you cant out everything on hold, and when will you get another chance to go

I agree that you should go for it. We've got a holiday booked for this summer. We were going to ttc last year till we realised I might be too pregnant to fly in July, so put it on hold for a couple of months. We back to ttc now and in 3rd cycle. I guess the question is how comfortable you would be either traveling while pg or bringing a lo along as to how long you would have to put the ttc on hold for. We're only going to tenerife, so feel pretty ok being there if pg and it's not that far on the plane. Not sure how I would feel in SE Asia, it's would be a long flight. So that's what I would be trying to take into account when trying to decide. Fx for it all.

I found out I was pregnant and already had a holiday booked to Florida, thought it would be a nightmare having a bump in the heat, the long haul flight etc..was gonna cancel but thought better of it, plus i would feel enormous guilt to my 6 year old. so glad i didnt, didnt have no probs and looked cute having bump in holiday snaps. go for it and if you're pregs or have a little one you can arrange around it. x

I say go for it!!! you will cope whatever happens :flower: xx

Why dont you suggest that you do it this year instead? Then you wont be too big even if your pregnant now!?!? Its hubbies 30th in November and we are going away in may for it as then we dont have to worry later on in the year!! (also hubbie has had a dream that I will be in hospital having the baby on his birthday so fx!!)
xxxxx

Thanks everyone for the advice, still undecided what to do. Think we're gonna go for it and keep TTC until June this year, and if not conceived by then we'll stop as I'd be too heavily pregnant to go. Can't go this year as I'm a teacher and wouldnt wanna go to Thailand in summer as monsoon season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back