• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What wall should I wallpaper

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
Im wallpapering my wall in my front room tomorrow as I have just moved in and it looks really bare just white.

The wallpaper is this...
wallpaper.jpg

I was thinking this wall on the right with the mirror on...
frontroom-1.jpg

frontroom.jpg

But then got told it would look better on the wall with the picture.
But think it would look to o.t.t with a busy picture and busy wallpaper?
I would change the picture and mirror about but the mirror is fixed to the wall as it is so heavy.

Just wanted some opinions please :)
Thanks

sorry about the picture sizes! I did resize them but there still big? :S

i'd put the wallpaper on the wall where the picture is, is that the main wall in the room?

Last edited:
i dont know what you class as the main wall though.
Where the picture is taken from is where the sofa is, when you walk into the room the first wall u see infront of u is the wall with the picture on.

my main wall is where the fireplace is/was, it's like a feature wall and it's oppsite both my sofas.
i'd definatley put it on the picture wall,especially if it's the firt thing you notice when you walk into the room.

I'd stay clear of the wall with the picture unless you are not planning on having the picture up after you've wall papered as it could get 'lost' in the pattern.

Loving the wall paper - what about the wall behind the sofa?

My feature wall is the wall with the fireplace and my sofas are either side and then i have a wall free (as it's the main walkway to the kitchen). I'd do the one with the picture on (cant you move the picture or put a family pic on that wall?)

Thanks for all the advice.
My grandad was able to take the mirror fixings out so when the wallpaper is dry hes going to put the mirror up on the wallpapered wall.

Turned out like this...

wallappered.jpg

Looks fantastic - i do love a fewature wall!!

Ooh i do like yout tv unit - is it built in or is it seperate? i need one of them when i move as at the mo our tv is on the wall!!

Thanks hun :)
Its a black glass tv stand. It came as a package deal, The telly, stand and surround sound from argos, but you can buy the stand separably :)

Ooh i will have a look as ideally i need a brown one to go with my table and chairs and my sofa's but i never thought of looking in argos!!!

I have just noticed i have the floor standing version of your lamp too!!!

It looks lovely!

We have a feature wall in our front room and everyone comments how lovely it looks! :)

We're planning on having one in our bedroom too when we decorate it!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back