What to wear..

Magic Monkey

Reaction score
Sorry I am asking loads of questions, but, what do you wear in the birth pool? I don't want to be naked! But not sure what to pack.

I've got a vest top just to cover my top half, MW said a bikini top or something is just as good if you don't like being fully naked

Ive packed 3 night dresses but to be honest the night dresses are so short they barely cover my butt so its more of a t-shirt really. but i packed 3 cos i donnt wanna be leaving puddles of water everywhere lol

my mw said they weight you down in the pool and you'll end up getting annoying with them :rotfl: bet i end up butt naked tho :roll:

i was in the bath from 7cm to 10cm if that counts and i was naked. I did not care who came in. the min we got to the hospital all i wanted to do was take my clothes off!!!

I was wondering the same thing as i don't particularly want to be naked. I'll prob go for a strappy top though who knows by the time baby is here i might not care who sees me or how. Lol

i was naked. i was dressed when the MWs got to my house when i was 5cm, but thats when the pain got quite bad and they stripped me off i wasnt in any state to object :lol:
i must admit i was comfy naked in there and i didnt care about my nakedness. trust me u wont! :lol:

:think: :think: :think: go naked or with your bra on... you won't care and theres no need for knickers ;).. I had a relaxation bath but I just wore my bra in it... mainly cos my contractions were so weird that I wasn't thinking straight.

at the end of the day... you may have modesty in tact but the midwives have seen it all...and they will need to see your lady bits in all their glory at some point in your labour otherwise the can't check how your baby is doing...

im going to wear a bra or something on top, simply because i cant stand the feeling of my boobs on my skin! lol ive always worn a sports bra in bed just because there a D cup and i cant sleep with them falling all over the place! lol im not bothered about the downstairs modesty though! haha

I've been thinking about this too! I don't really want to get my tankini top or bikini top covered in blood, and I hate the feel of t-shirts and things when they get wet so I might just get the baps out. I'm sure with a combination of pain and gas and air I'll loose my inhibitions! :lol:
I'll have to get my boobs out for skin to skin and breast feeding anyway later on

I wore a tankini swimming top thing but it annoyed the hell outa me so i stripped it off and went naked, i loved it!!! :shock: I'm normally quite shy!

I did take a short tshirt to wear in the pool, but the midwife suggested I'd be more comfortable with nothing so I ended up naked. Thinking about it now I can imagine it wouldn't be a very nice feeling having a wet shirt against my skin, and I'm sure she said something about how I'd get cold with it on as well.

I was a bit embarrassed for a second or two but I figured they're going to have to see it all eventually anyway and once the pain started to get worse I couldn't care less who was looking at what!

i think i'll take a vest top but who knows with the pain i might fancy skinny dipping after all :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back