what to i do?

bobby1

Reaction score
We think that Kai has colic :(

I know a lot of your little ones seem to have it. I'm just wondering how you cope. Kai has been crying pretty much constantly since 7am. I know that everything is ok, feed, changed etc. I just feel so helpless. I really don't know how to help him. Bless him, he looks in such discomfort... arching his back, crumpling up his arms and legs, face goes bright red. He winds himself up so much he gets so hot and bothered. He seems to constantly want to feed, thats the only thing which will settle him. He won't take his dummy. I don't know what I would do without this baby bouncer, it seems to settle him a bit.

We are trying colief as this is the only thing our pharmacy has... does anyone else use this? did that find it helped? if it did, how long did it take to start working?

its been constantly like this since Saturday. I am finding it quite hard to cope :cry: I'm pretty sure he's not ill as he seems to be fine in the evenings and overnight. He's generally crying during the day. He doesn't seem to be napping much during the day either, could that just be his age?

I don't know what I want to achieve by writing this. I think I needed to get this off my chest. Got to go, he's crying again. Poor mite.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I posted something similar a couple of days ago, charlie was really unsettled for a few days, wouldn't take his dummy & only the bottle would pacify him. I got infacol which seems to have really helped although I don't actually think it was colic he had I think it was just wind.

Hope you get it sorted hun, its really dishearting when there is nothing you can do to calm them :hug:

Colief is supposed to be one of the best things for it hun so hopefully things will be better soon! :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
colief saved my life in those early days, it will get better hun xxx

I used Colief on Chloe when she was younger and found it took around a week to start working. Once it kicked in it was worth every penny. If you find it works for you it is worth asking your doctor for it on perscription as it gets very expensive. Hope everything gets better soon. :hug:

if he won't take him dummy would he suck your little finger? my LO finds my little finger a comfort and when he had colic sucking really helped him. i also massaged him tummy and gave him a few baths and this seemed to help him for a little while

I left my OH for a couple of hours tonight and Ollie just wouldnt stop crying. Hes not half as bad as he could be but when he cries and looks like he is in so much discomfort it can be so distressing and you feel so hopeless. He was crying when my HV came round and she told me that sounded like a tired cry so she told me to put him in the cot and leave him there (not crying at this point) He settles straight away. I thought that jigging him would calm him yet i was actually keeping him awake. Its so hard to know what to do at times! :wall:

I think its all just trial and error and just try and remember that it will pass in time (so everyone keeps telling me) It is so hard though and ive been quite upset about it all myself recently. I dont think the crazy hormones and lack of sleep help along with the screaming somehow! I've tried Infacol, gripewater and dentinox but he still cries. NOt tried Colief though so let me know if it helps!

Claire x

Amber used to cry from 10 in the evening till 4 in the morning every night without fail! Nothing we did helped her and she would really scream and we could tell she was in pain, it was horrible. It really does get better though hun, and things get much easier :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back