• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What to feed a 6 mth old

Stunned

Reaction score
I'm increasingly worried that I am not feeding eva enough!

She is starting to wake once in the small hours of the night for a feed arrrgh!

On a typical day I would feed her:

Breastfeed on waking (7-7.30)
Breakfast at 9.30 - porridge (portion suitable for a 6 mth old according to the pack)
Breastfeed around 11.30 - 12pm
Lunch at 1.30 - something savoury like the pureed Sunday roast today (pork, potatoes and peas) size of portion is same as a 6oz bottle and she usually wolfs the lot down.
Breastfeed between 3-4pm sometimes later if we are out.
Dinner at 5.30 - something sweet like a little stars yoghurt or stewed apple (whole!) mixed with a mashed up farleys rusk to bulk and thicken it up. And also a rusk to chew on.
Breastfeed or 7 oz bottle at bedtime at 7-7.30
Breastfeed at 11pm.

I want to drop the 11pm feed but I dont want Eva to go hungry and wake up at silly o'clock for a feed.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!

Ta muchly!

V

how about giving her a dessert after her lunch and something savoury with her tea? May fill her up more Xxx

Is it normal for a baby to eat a whole banana with a whole rusk and still be hungry!? I'm told that at Eva's age she should only have half a banana!

Hey hun, ill just give u a typical menu of what my LO has, he pretty much has about the same as ur LO but he has two things at each mealtime if u know what i mean, for example:

7.30am 5-6oz milk
9.00am Bowl of porridge and a fruit puree pot
11.30am Stage one jar followed by a dessert such as fruity custard/rice pudding/apple and banana
1.00pm 5oz milk
3.30pm Stage one jar followed by a dessert as before
5.30pm 7oz bottle

In bed by 6pm.

I wonder if maybe your little one is starting to fancy a little dessert and a bit more for their supper just as zmd said?

everybaby is different, my lo has always been a big eater, sometimes i have to give an afternoon snack as well as what he normally eats, i would count one banana as an afternoon snack, hes always eaten the whole thing but like i said hes always been a great eater

i agree, i think maybe dessert & snacks inbetween?! my lo has 3 meals a day, each with a yoghurt or dessert, plus snacks and hes full full full!

Mmm I might start to introduce more food at mealtimes as suggested above.

And I've heard about hipps goodnight milk too which might help.

Thanks ladies!

Thanks ladies!

i cant stop raving on about the hipp milk! and also.... with my lo id always give half a jar for example if i used jars.... now i just keep going and he knows when he has had enough.. yesterday he ate a full stage 2 dessery jar i was so suprised, usually i only give him half but he obviously is capable and wanted to eat more!! go with the flow and ur lo will let you know when theyve had enough to eat!

Thanks ladies!

i cant stop raving on about the hipp milk! and also.... with my lo id always give half a jar for example if i used jars.... now i just keep going and he knows when he has had enough.. yesterday he ate a full stage 2 dessery jar i was so suprised, usually i only give him half but he obviously is capable and wanted to eat more!! go with the flow and ur lo will let you know when theyve had enough to eat!

That's the thing you see. Eva doesn't seem to have an off button when it comes to food lol! Obesity and overeating is a real problem on OHs side of the family and I guess that I'm scared that Eva will develop a bad habit of eating whatever is offered regardless of whether or not she is full.

My middle stepson has literally eaten till he was sick and carried on eating! Going to places where a buffet is on offer is a nightmare cos I have to watch him like a hawk to make sure he eats enough but not overeat till sick.

Ill have to give it a go and see if Eva does reject food when she's had enough and go from there n
I've been thinking and tomorrow I'll give Eva scrambled eggs with cheese and some pureed fruit for lunch and then meatballs in tomato sauce with baby rice and a small yoghurt for dinner and see how she takes it!

Don't go by box suggestions hun. Charley has museli for breakfast but made with 2-3oz's of milk then might have another bowl or toast after.
I agree with something savoury for tea to fill her up abit more.
At 6 months, charley was having a whole banana, a whole apple and a whole pear pureed all in 1 go!
If she still seems hungry then give her a little more x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back