Dream Feed Dilema

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Maia has always had a dream feed when we go to bed and from being around 6 weeks this has always been a bottle of EBM from her daddy.

Last night hubby was working away from home so I just went to bed and thought I'd just feed her when she woke during the night wanting feeding. I have done this previously and she used to wake around 1-2am. Well she didn't wake until 7:15am.

Now I'm not sure whether to carry on with the dream feed at around 11pm and guarantee she sleeps through the night or whether to ditch it and risk her waking occasionally for a feed. I should add that sometimes she wakes around 10:30pm wanting a feed, which would be around her dream feed time. Also im not sure how dropping the feed will affect her weight gain, as some of you may know she's had a few problems putting on masses of weight which seems to have leveled out now and is gaining nicely so I don't want to jeopardise this. I might just carry on with it until she's filling up on solids, what do you think?

I would be tempted to drop it honey and see how you go. You can monitor her weight and see how she does. Why not try it for 2 weeks and see how you get on with weight and night wakings?

Valentine Xxx

I'm with Valentine, I'd drop it and see how it goes. It may be that her sleeping through was a one off or it might be that she is ready to fill up before bed and that will keep her going til the morning (lucky you if thats the case :hug: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back