What to expect from doctors and hospitals

whyslifesobig

Reaction score
Hello and happy new yr to all, hope everyone gets the bfp and baby they want this yr.
Well so far the doctors have been rubbish but today I have seen a new doctor and he is really helpful and is sending me for general bloods and progesterone test, which is a start. But what can I expect after this? I would love advise from any lady that has been through this route before me on what to expect.
Thanks and Good Luck Girls. xx

ello !

well it will really depend on your results ! mine showed abormatilties and that i also hadnt ovualted plus a rise in the lh hormone ( i think) which showed i possibly had pcos , so i was refered for a ultrascan and had to continue having bloods done for 3 months . Scan confirmed ive got pcos but also a dermoid tumour that ive now been refered to have out poss as soon as jan :shock:

my docs have been great , as soon as i thought something was wrong with ttc they sent me for tests id only been trying for 6 months at the time but id had laser surgery back in may and thought it may have been scar tissue stopping me falling ! but im so glad they sent me for tests straught away !

i hope the tests results give u the answers u want , its horrible knowing somethings wrong but so much better then not knowing at all !

Hiya,
I was reading your other message and I just wanted to say I hope all turns out well for you. I had the dodgy smear thing going on too last yr but when I went for the coloscopy thing there was nothing there (weird).
I read up about pcos and I don't thing this is the problem as I have no other symptoms than a really short cycle and luthal phase. Have had a few suspected MCs but never got a positive PG test :S think something is stopping implantaion. Tho I did test one month with strips and never ovulated so I am a bit mixed up as to what might be going on.
Anyhow good luck with the operation chic and hopefully it will give you a BFP soon. xx

You'll normally have a scan as well as bloods to rule out PCOS and Endo.

Good luck!

Thanks Girls. Hoping that I might not need it though as I have just worked out I am 2 days late (fingers crossed AF stays away) I felt all prementral on newyrs eve so bit weird that AF isn't here. Oh well give it til the end of the week and do a test.

Ive just been diagnosed with pcos... and ive been told i have to try for 6 months until anything is done... saw another gynae this morn and he seemed to think i should be taking some sort of medication of sorts and was quite suprised when i told him i wasnt on anything :shock:

i failed to let slip about the magic medicine, the folic acid and the extreme bedroom activity :lol:

maybemummy , im not on anything yet either , i do have a choice whether to go onto metamrophin thingy (spl) to help control the weigh gain and i probably will do after op , as for the other meds , i think it depends on how pcos is effecting u , i havent been but on chlomid yet as i am ovualting sometimes

i have no idea whether im ovulating or not... was told that this would be looked into after 6 months... is this normal? and i take it this chlomid stuff induces ovulation?? :wave:

have u had bloods i take it ? and a scan to confirm psoc ? as a scan is the only sure way of it being confirmed ! and your bloods would have told your doc if u were ovulating or not ! as u should have had them about 10 days b4 period due (ish) , and yeh clomid makes u ovulate and theres another drug to make u have a period if your not ?????

Ive had an ultrasound and also a laparoscopy earlier in the year... although it was only the ultrasound that the pcos showed up on.

I havent had any blood taken as yet.... the gynae reckons he will investigate ovulation and that in 6 months time :?

in that case , get some opk's and investigate yourself ! are your periods regualar? if so start testing about 20 days ebfore they due , if there not then its pot luck !

G3M said:
in that case , get some opk's and investigate yourself ! are your periods regualar? if so start testing about 20 days ebfore they due , if there not then its pot luck !

did clear blues opk this month and the little face didnt come up so i got a feeling im not ovulating :x

only time will tell eh :pray:

good luck , maybe if ur cycles wonkey i found out i wasnt ovualting till cd19 but yet this month was cd14 , i was lucky to have a go and get the tet right lol

:hug:

and forgot , the only way to be sure if u are or not is to start temping !

whyslifesobig said:
Hello and happy new yr to all, hope everyone gets the bfp and baby they want this yr.
Well so far the doctors have been rubbish but today I have seen a new doctor and he is really helpful and is sending me for general bloods and progesterone test, which is a start. But what can I expect after this? I would love advise from any lady that has been through this route before me on what to expect.
Thanks and Good Luck Girls. xx

Hiya.

After the Progesterone Test, Which I think is Day 19? I was also sent the following month for a Day 21 test (Which most doctors dont actually do anymore but mine did it anyway)

After this my Doctor said she wanted to test me for all sexually transmitted diseases. After this I got an examination of my Cervix, which they found to be slightly eroded. (Apparantly this is quite common for women who have been on the SAME pill for years on end). But it didnt show up any problems. Then I was sent to the hospital for an ultrasound to make sure everythign was okay.

After all my tests my partner was given a well being test, then tested for sexually transmitted diseases, and after this a semen test. His semen test was actually extremely interesting. Not only do they obviously test to see his count is good, but the appearance of the sperm, the motability etc. Shockingly the average male in his age group should have 50million sperm in a typical sample, his was showing 212 million :lol: (SO WHY ARENT THEY BLOODY SWIMMING)!!! his motability of the sperm were fine too.

Because all of our tests our fine our doctor had no option but to transfer us to a fertility clinic, which we have an appointment for in afew weeks. I believe the start of the programme is more a support session, where its regarding our diets etc and health. But il let you know. :D

Strange that you've not had bloods.

I had scan and showed PCO (Polycystic Ovariys) then on day 3 of my AF I had a pint load of blood tests done.

They all came back fine so don't have PCOS only PCO. Otherwise they would of put me on Metaformin.

They said it'll just take longer to conceive than "normal" people would.

well I guess it varies from place to place. I had no help at all even tho I had 3 suspected mcs and have no concieved in a yr. I am 32 so time is ticking. Luckily for me I mentioned to this new doc I saw and he had no problems sending me for tests. I gotta wait for AF so I can go on day 16 for the bloods. (i have a very short cycle so I am hoping it's gonna be okay), he also sent a wee sample off to test for UTIs. I have had a coloscopy after a dodgy smear but the doctor said my cervix was as healthy as they come so I don't know what that was about. Guess I just gotta wait for AF if she ever arrives ( hope not :D ) will do a test monday. Not that I expect a bfp I never got one when I lost the last 3 pregnancies. :(
Anyhow good luck girls. We should keep notes on how we are treated so we can see whats sposed to being done for us.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back